“Comfy and Reasonable”

Comfort Inn - Pittsburgh / Steubenville Pike
Ranked #50 of 74 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights to attend games at PNC Park.PNC is about 15 minutes from the hotel.
The employees were very nice,especially the woman that does the breakfast area in the mornings.
The beds were very comfy and the rooms were clean.
During our stay the power did go out in the middle of the night so it got hot fast.
And getting to the hotel you have to drive past it to make a U turn so that is inconvenient.
Overall it was an okay experience.Typical comfort inn stay.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Noah W, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Pittsburgh / Steubenville Pike, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Reviewed 8 July 2014

The room was outstanding! Clean, well-appointed, and spacious. Access to the motel was bizarre because one has to go past it and then find a place to turn around to return to it. Parking may be inadequate. There is no lobby at all and the breakfast area is maybe one-third the size of the typical Comfort Inn. The "Business Center" was one computer against the wall in the breakfast area. Again, the room was great, but the other amenities were strange or lacking.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding on turning around (make U turn) and come back to hotel.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We booked this hotel through expedia, and although it is in the 'near the airport' category, it is actually about 25 minute drive. So if you are arriving late from the airport, might as well just stay at the Hyatt where it is convenient. The hotel is updated, although it was difficult to find a parking stall at 1 am. No restaurants nearby, and you have to either u-turn or go out of your way to access the hotel entrance. The beds and pillows are very comfortable! We didn't get to try breakfast as it was over at 9 am, and we didn't get to bed until very late that night. This is our first time in Pittsburg, but for the location we would probably not stay here again and try something elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Noah W, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn - Pittsburgh / Steubenville Pike, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online
Survey regarding your resent stay at our hotel.
Your feedback is very important to us and assure you
That we will use this information to do everything possible
To create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.
We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I made a reservation at this hotel for a non-smoking room. I specifically requested a room on the top floor (because I don't want to hear people stomping around above me) away from the elevator. Well, when I arrived, guess what room they gave me? Room 107, right across from the elevator, right where the walkway was where everyone has to go by my room to the front desk. And, on the other side of the wall across around the corner is where they were serving breakfast! I am noise sensitive, so that is why I put in a special request. I think this person gave me the exact opposite just to annoy me? I've never had anyone give me the exact opposite of what I requested. Anyhow, as it was late, and this hotel was small, we just stayed in that room. At 3 am we were woken up by people stomping around coming into their room. There was a pubic hair left in the shower. There was a stain on the bed ruffle... God knows what that was from. Everything else was decent. Probably would have been ok hotel to stay at if they had given me the type of room I requested. When I checked out in the morning, the woman didn't even ask me how my stay was. I am assuming they knew how the stay was, but still could have asked. Bad customer service! At least we only stayed there one night. We stayed at Courtyard Marriott our other two days in Monroeville. I highly recommend staying at that hotel over this one.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 107!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Noah W, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Pittsburgh / Steubenville Pike, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Close to Hwy 79 though hard to turn into going eastbound off the highway due to a divided roadway. You have to pass by and come back on the westbound side. Also had some trouble sleeping in a room on the first floor because of a low, continuous noise that sounded like an idling engine. Breakfast is average at best. Only one restaurant within walking distance, which is only just ok and hard to walk to.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I went to this hotel for a romantic getaway. I was SHOCKED at how nice it was. We wanted a Jacuzzi room and there were several. I can't remember the room number, but I seem to remember it was the MIDDLE one on the right as you go past the lobby.

Anyway, it has a Jacuzzi in the CENTER of the room, with Greek columns all around it. VERY romantic!

I din't remember there being any breakfast to speak of, (unlike the Econolodge next door which has a great breakfast) but there's a Kings' Family Restaurant right there, and that's a really good breakfast.

MAKE SURE you get that Jacuzzi room with the columns

Room Tip: Jacuzzi Room!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KarlMessner
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I am from the Pittsburgh area and stayed at this hotel @7 years ago. Back then it was an "okay" hotel. Now, it is really great! The entire hotel has been revamped/redecorated. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows were amazing. Sheets were clean smelling and the room was spotless. We were just there for one night (in town for a funeral), but everything was there, including micro/fridge, hair dryer and coffee maker. There was also a breakfast, but we didn't get to try it. We chose this hotel because it offered a smoking room (my husband is a smoker) and it was way better than most smoking rooms that we have stayed in. The only reason that I did not give this hotel 5 stars was because of it's location. It sits on the side of a hill and there is no view to speak of. You also have to make a U-turn to access the parking lot. However, if you want a great nights sleep in a clean room, stay here!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple