Comfort Inn - Pittsburgh / Steubenville Pike
Ranked #55 of 68 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Roanoke, Virginia
“It's OK”
Reviewed 5 July 2006

It's an adequate hotel...no more.

The bed was uncomfortable. It was much too soft, it gave no support to speak of.

The shower had not water pressure so it made taking a shower rather miserable.

Free internet required a security key.

The whirlpool tubs were very nice though, my wife enjoyed this thouroughly after walking all day in Pittsburgh.

Finally, you can't get to the hotel easily due to a median in the highway.

• Stayed June 2006
1 Thank molex77

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Turkish first
Indianapolis
Reviewed 6 January 2006

Review would have been better but the front desk staff when I arrived (01/03/06) seemed to be interested in watching Judge Joe and text messaging on cell phone.

Hotel room was very small and I requested two double beds but received single bed room. Since it was for one night I didn't feel like fixing this problem.

The workout room had a treadmill, step machine, bicycle and television in the workout room. I used the treadmill one night.

Morning breakfast was decent - had the essentials.

No meeting rooms so the training I conducted was done in the lobby area.

Rate seemed a bit high for the facilities $84.83.

• Stayed January 2006, travelled on business
3 Thank bowdenj
Roseville
Reviewed 20 August 2005

Stayed here for a high school reunion and was more than pleased. The room was clean and quiet. While the vertical blinds seemed a bit old fashioned, every aspect of the room worked properly. The front desk (all shifts) was friendly, competent and helpful. They were quite good at navigating you to where you wanted to go. I saw several airline crew members that stayed here, and that is a good testimonial.

• Stayed August 2004
3 Thank BeetleB
Reviewed 30 June 2005

I actually tried to stay at another Comfort Inn closer to Pittsburgh, this place was horrid. I had them call Comfort Inn at Steubenville and switch my arrangements. The Comfort Inn at Steubenville was great! They fully accomodated all of my needs and got me a great room. The town was really booked that weekend and they still got me in. I got a large suite that was newly furnished, well cleaned, and a great price. I am actually booking another stay there soon. I would recommend this place to anyone that is going to stay for a couple days. Great place...

• Stayed July 2004
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 August 2004

We recently stayed at this property during a recent trip to Pittsburgh. I found the hotel to be, overall, average. My biggest complaint is that I found the staff to be very apathetic and disinterested in its guests.

Here are some pro's and con's to the hotel:

Pro's - 6 miles from downtown Pittsburgh; decently furnished rooms; microwave, refrigerator, and nice TV in each room; small exercise room; free continental breakfast; Primanti Brothers restaurant a half-mile away

Con's - small property that sits on the side of a hill by itself; nothing walkable nearby; no pool; non-smoking rooms smelled of smoke because of smoking rooms on the same floor; disinterested and unprofessional staff.

• Stayed July 2004, travelled on business
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Concord, Ohio
Reviewed 5 January 2004

We stayed here over Thanksgiving and were very pleased with our accommodations for the price. The staff was friendly and helpful. The location was good for access to various Pittsburgh destinations. The room was clean and included a mini-fridge as well as a nice couch. The deluxe continental breakfast was well-stocked. I would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank Sioux-Bee
Reviewed 31 December 2003

My fiance and I stayed at the Comfort Inn in Pittsburgh December 25-28, 2003. It is the worst hotel we have ever stayed in! Upon arrival I verified our reservation for a King non-smoking. The person at the front desk said that they were all out of those, so he would give us a suite. What a suite! It had two full size beds, so we couldn't even sleep together. Neither the safe or the alarm clock worked, it smelled like cigarette smoke, and the outlet for the television didn't work (we were able to stretch to a different outlet). We also took our two miniature pinchers with us. When I made the reservation, the person on the phone bragged about how pet friendly they were, so obviously we were excited. When I asked the location of the designated pet area outside so that I could take my dogs there, I found that it was a 5'x5' section of mulch. Not only that, but there were broken beer bottles everywhere! I immediately notified the person at the front desk, and he said that he would have it cleaned up right away. Every single piece of the mess was still there when we left. The fire alarms went off several times during our stay due to a "malfunction," and every single person that worked at the hotel was rude to us. You could not pay me enough money to stay there one more night! Had it not been for visiting family, we would have left there and taken the time to find another place to stay.

• Stayed December 2003