“late lunch”

Ranked #107 of 2,160 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Price range: US$9 - US$14
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“late lunch”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

we arrived in pittsburgh late friday afternoon and went for a walk before baseball game. we walked to the market area and choose diamond market to eat. glad we did. i had the
open faced hot roastbeef sandwich. it was very good. also ordered the slider burgers they were
good. .

• Visited May 2014

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Burgers are great!”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

I haven't had much of the good here because the burgers at this place are amazing! They are cooked perfectly and lots of flavor. I also had their garlic wings which have a lot of good flavor.

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Just OK.”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We stopped here for dinner late on a Friday night after having driven into town from a southern state. The service was slow and the "special" I ordered was bland. Noise seems to be trapped in the dining room which made it extremely difficult to talk and hear folks at the same table. This seems to be a downtown bar that caters to a younger crowd looking for a filling meal after a night of drinking on the town. I wouldn't recommend it for families or for out-of-town travelers.

Visited March 2014
Nokesville, Virginia
“Fabulous Find”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Late on Saturday evening we found ourselves in the Market Square in Pittsburgh -- mostly chain restaurants. We walked by the Diamond Market Bar & Grill -- I glanced inside and everyone seemed to be enjoying their dinner. We walked in -- it was busy -- it was alive -- TVs with all the NCAA games, etc. We had no idea what to expect and it was one of the best meals we have ever had and we've travelled all over the world. The staff was great, the food was absolutely the best and we decided another trip to Pittsburgh was in order just to go back to the Diamond Market Bar & Grill. I must say that I'm a southern girl and love liver and onions, and any time I see it on a menu I have to order it. It was the best I've ever had -- served with the most delicious mashed potatoes and gravy. I would pay $'s for a copy of their recipe. Don't miss out on this place if you are in Pittsburgh.

• Visited March 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“... a monthly visit ”
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

I don't pass out 5 star reviews that easily, but these guys definitely earned it!!

Went here with visiting relatives, and from the second we walked in the door the staff was friendly, professional, and accommodating. We had questions concerning the beer selection, and out waiter went out of his way to provide us with concise information. Their beer selection isn't the same old tired beers you can get anywhere, but if tired, tried, and true is your thing ..... They got it!

The appetizers were freaking awesome!! The bruschetta and the grilled cheese appetizers were at least.

I can't attest for the taste of everyone's meal but from the looks and sounds of it, everyone's fare was just as awesome as the turkey burger. Replace the fries with their freshly made coleslaw and you have just a wonderful meal!!

Market Square is not the Market Square of yesteryear. It's new face is refreshing, and places like the Diamond Market make it a place I will definitely frequent on. Regular basis. They've officially just entered my Fab Five in Pittsburgh.

Do yourself a favor ..... Check this place out. You won't be disappointed!!