“A wonderful experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Eden
Ranked #178 of 2,141 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: International
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“A wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

I had the pumpkin curry dish, and brought the rest home to eat as a meal for the next two days! Gives you an idea on the size of the dish!

With added tempeh, it was a perfect meal! My companion had a peanut butter/noodle dish that was equally delicious.

The staff was warm and professional. I will be going back. Love the neighborhood, too!

• Visited November 2013

NY
“Quaint and delicious!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

Yummy smoothies, yummy waffles, yummy omelettes, excellent coffee. Excellent customer service! Will definately come back!

Pittsburgh
“Finally Raw Food Comes To The Burgh”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

During some of my travels I have enjoyed some awesome raw cuisine. In Dallas Texas, NYC and in California. I enjoyed Eden's summer menu last night and believe me their food is just as good as any other place I have visited. I had these amazing rolls that were wrapped in collard greens, stuffed with fig, pumpkin seeds, jerk seasoning and cabbage. Then the dipping sauce was stone ground mustard with orange juice. The taste of the fig with the mustard was amazing. And the mustard gave you kind of a light wasabi feeling in the back of your nose, I like this feeling so it made the experience even better for me. There were about 5 rolls on the platter.

The second course was their mushroom tacos. Marinated mushrooms, with arugula, avocado and two red and green sauces to choose from. The outside shell was flax and zucchini which was still pliable. There were only two tacos on the plate but they were stuffed full and you have to remember you are eating whole foods packed with nutrition cause in the real world I can eat like 4 tacos and still be hungry.

Last, the third course- chocolate mint ice cream cake. I have had some nice desserts before but I feel this one could stand up to anything you may get at Salt of the Earth. That is saying a lot cause those desserts are amazing at Salt as well. But these at Eden are raw and packed with healthy ingredients. 3 pieces of ice cream cake came on the platter with some mint sauce. Usually I wouldn't be into mint presented this way but my fears vanished with the first bite. The cashew base for the cakes was amazing and as it began to melt in my mouth was a creamy fantasy of flavor. I was so sad when it was gone.

However, I will say walking out of Eden I was light as a feather. Not super stuffed I could still go out and do something physical. But I knew I was full. I went home and got the best sleep of the week. It is amazing what one nutrient packed meal can do for you. Currently I have been doing a weight loss challenge at my place of employment and I have eaten out a couple of times. Always the next day I have gained or felt bloated cause I veered from my weight loss diet. However this morning I was the same weight and felt great. So this is just an added bonus if you are looking for a meal that will not up the scale.

• Visited June 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“OMG!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

Every time I go anywhere in the world I try to find Vegan restaurant in advance and then visit them. However EDEN was not on my list because google never told me about it. I find out in the hotel shuttle from another visitor and I am very happy that the lady told me about EDEN.

We went there on Sunday for brunch, the server was very good, It looked to me like the whole Pittsburgh had a great service. Now, moving onto the food, we had the pancakes (Gluten Free, Vegan) this is a meal by itself! The syrup and the pancakes were taaasty.

We also had the TVP Burrito and I am happy we split the Waffles and the burrito because that was plenty of food.

Pros : The juice had no ice just like it supposed to be served, food was yummy. The restaurant in little, cute and clean. Service was also very fast.

The cons: To find this place is little tricky, because you will not be able to see the sign right away.

Visited June 2013
New York City
“Delicious Gluten-Free Options!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

The food at Eden is absolutely delicious. I would describe the gluten-free options as being something that gluten-eating individuals would order too, just being the dishes are so good.

The ambiance is more like a 3 or a 4, cute place, but nothing special, but the food is what I care about in this case and it's definitely a 5.

• Visited May 2013