“Amazing meal!”

Green Pepper
Ranked #737 of 2,225 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

Had the grilled mackerel dinner. It was amazing. Came with rice and kimchi and vegetables and glass noodle salad. Also some thinly sliced ginger in lemon. Also a clear, cold, sour and tangy seaweed soup. Overall an awesome dinner.

Service was great, and the K-Pop on the big screen was cool.

1  Thank TechGalFromPit

Reviewed 26 February 2013

The menu had lots of options, vegetarian as well. The Bi Bim Bap is what they are known for (friends told me). I ordered it and it was amazing! It comes in one giant bowl that you can mix together and add condiments as you wish. With a side of dumplings the Bi Bim Bap was plenty to split between two people. I would definitely go again!

1  Thank sm47
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Here, the service totally outshone the food. Lots of attention from the 2 servers working the dining room but the food was good - not great.

I went in on a Sunday where they serve lunch and there is no lunch menu on Sunday. You are on dinner prices on Sunday afternoon - which totally made sense since there were only 2 tables occupied in the dining room and I was one of them!

I opted for the Spicy Chicken. Again, good but not great. It was one of the more reasonable items pricewise on the menu. I really had my heart set on Galbi but not for $25. That's like a small steak at Morton's.

Everything here is "extra" which is pointed out in painful detail on the menu here. I pasted the Customer Policy here for you to enjoy. This is serious stuff.

====

Customer Policy
* We accept cash and 2 ( or fewer ) credit cards from each table, because other parties want to check out in a timely manner too. No separate checks are provided within-table. If payment-separation-upfront is a main need, we can help finding places that specialize in it.

* If not satisfied with our server(s), let us know while you are being served here so that you can be satisfied. Otherwise, 10% gratuity of total check may apply on the credit card(s) presented to us. Many places auto-enforce 18% gratuity nowadays.

* Unless arranged in advance, it is agreed that 2 hours are sufficient for your party. We may take reservations that arrive soon after yours.

* We can add an ingredient if you request, such as lettuces, noodles, etc., only $4.67 per each Addition accommodation may apply.

* We can substitute an ingredient for your special preference, only $2.80 per each Substitute accommodation may apply.

* B.Y.O.Cake ( Bring Your Own Cake, dessert, or foods ) is accommodated, only $0.28 per person B.Y.O.Cake charge may apply.

Reviewed 22 September 2012

Visiting relatives in the Squirrel Hill neighborhood in Pittsburgh and decided to dine here on a Sunday evening. The restaurant was not crowded, so we were seated instantly. There are basically two long rooms to this restaurant. The one you enter into is very plain, but nice and empty on a Sunday evening. We sat in the side room which has much more atmosphere. The table we had involved a couch for two people and chairs for the others at our table of four. They have just two of this arrangement at each end of the room. Luckily, our son is familiar with Korean food, so he ordered for us and we had a good variety of three entrees which was enough for the four of us. One person needed gluten free and they were able to easily let her know which choices to make. Sorry, but I don't know the names of our entrees, but all were excellent. The presentation was amazing in various dishes. The meal ended with a special sweet desert "tea" in a saucer to drink. Very enjoyable evening.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I really wanted to try Korean food while I was in Pittsburgh and my cousin and I settled on the Green Pepper in Squirrel Hill because it was close by and looked pretty nice from the outside. We got there before they opened, but a guy (it may have been the owner) came out and chatted with my aunt and uncle who were not that enthusiastic about trying a new type of food (they're not adventurous). But he was friendly and made some great suggestions for those unfamiliar with Korean cuisine. I think they even let us in a few minutes before they opened. The interior is pretty modern looking... I especially liked that it wasn't cluttered. The waitress said they get pretty busy/crowded so they do have several dining rules listed on the menu... but no need to worry. Basically they just don't want people ordering a $5 appetizer and sitting around chatting for 3 hours, while there is a long waitlist of people waiting to be seated. The service was excellent. We appreciated the waitress taking the time to explain the dishes to us (since we were all newbies to Korean food) We were all VERY happy with our meals and took pictures because the presentation was also very nice. It's not cheap, but I think that the prices reflect the quality. Expect to pay at least $15. Give the Green Pepper a try. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank FuturaMochilera