“Good Tour”

Private Pittsburgh City Tour
Ranked #6 of 187 things to do in Pittsburgh
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Home of the Pittsburgh Steelers, this horseshoe-shaped stadium opened in 2001, and offers spectacular views of the city and riverfront.
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Toured the stadium on Monday Aug 18 with another couple. They are Steeler fans we are not. Price is very reasonable. There were 100 plus people do we were split onto 4 groups. Bob was our guide. A great educated man who made the tour tons on fun. You walk about 1 1/2 miles but there are stops . We highly recommend this tour even if you are not a Steeler's fan.

1  Thank Zooman16
Write a ReviewReviews (1,818)
All reviews
in 27 reviews
"great tour"
in 44 reviews

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Recently on a trip to Pittsburgh I went to Heinz field on a whim, in order to catch a glimpse of a pre-season Steeler's game. I am not a huge sports fan, and basically just wanted to take a few photos, buy a tee shirt and observe the spectacle of it all. Despite thousands of people leaving the pre-season game at half-time on August 16, the ticket booths were closed, and I could not get in to "look around" even if I could pay for it!! Not a single staff member would go the extra mile to see if a ticket (which I was happy to pay for) could be scrounged up! Subsequently I was given a free ticket from a rep off-site - but at the gate they refused to accept it as all the ticket takers were "off duty"!! Again not a single staff person would go the extra mile despite thousands of people leaving the game. This was a great trip to Pittsburgh, but Heinz Field was not part of it. Very disappointing. I can understand getting there early etc for a game, but what is the big deal - I HAD A TICKET!!!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Hard not to like Heinz Field. Easy to get to. Ample parking (although we walked). Good restaurants near by. Easy walk from Wyndham Hotel (.8 miles). Clean. Convenient. Decent seats for a stadium. Enjoyed my 1st Steeler Game. Would go again and join in on the tailgating next time!! Food and Drink prices are what you would expect in that atmosphere....plan to mortgage your house.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Went there for my first Steelers game! I was so excited. I know it was pre season but what a great time. We walked to the field from the renaissance hotel. I enjoyed seeing the "lockers" of those who's played there in the past, the wall of terrible towels, the superbowl trophies. The staff were helpful when asked questions. I found that the fan sitting around me were great. We got to know several of them and enjoyed their company through out the game.
The price of food is what you would expect for a sports game. We did find that they offer large souvenir cups for $8.50 and you got one free refill!. That's a pretty good deal. And I think if you get a large popcorn you get a refill on that too. But couldn't swear to that one.

Overall had a great time there. They are trying hard to make this a family park.

1  Thank Snowybears
See more reviews
Reviewed 16 August 2014

My husband is a die-hard Pittsburgh Steelers fan, while I am not generally a football fan at all. And there we were ready to tour Heinz Stadium, the literal heart and home of the Steelers. By the time we finished the tour, I had to admit that I might have just become a fan, myself.

The stadium was stunningly beautiful, and the tour took us into and out of all the nooks and crannies and ins and outs to get the real feel of the place. We were thankful we arrived early for the tour, because before the tour even started we were immersed in the Steelers world as we were allowed to spend some time in a grand museum like area guaranteed for fans to go nuts in. We really enjoyed the Steelers "Wall of Fame" area with locker type displays of the helmets, uniforms, photos and memorabilia for each of the Steeler heroes of the past. In the center of the fan area were large well lit displays for each of the Super Bowl wins, with trophy and photos and all the important minutiae of things for fans to drool over. This area was exceptionally well appointed and was roomy and simply a Steeler fanatic dream come true.

On the tour we were treated to the view from press rooms and private suites high above the stadium, and views from the seating areas all around the stadium high and low. It was a nice touch that they had the big screen scoreboards running for us to get a real feel of the place. We were told so many interesting things by our tour guide as she walked us all over the entire stadium.

We were taken right to the field to walk along the edge of the grass behind the goal posts. What an amazing view! The whole stadium is all around us glowing in bright gold! Next we were taken below the stadium to see the behind the scenes areas. We were highly entertained to see the plain and dull visiting team locker room as compared to the shiny bright Steelers locker room!

There was nothing at all to dislike about this tour, except that now we simply MUST come back for a Steelers game!

1  Thank HelenL88