“this place is a blast”
Review of South Side

South Side
Ranked #39 of 187 things to do in Pittsburgh
More attraction details
Owner description: Historic area of downtown Pittsburgh that features an eclectic mix of community, cultural, business and entertainment venues
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Carson Street is an absolute blast to hang out with family and friends. There must be 100 places to eat and drink here. It's an eclectic neighborhood with bars and restaurants for everyone. Even though we are too old for this kind of place, we ended up getting back to the hotel at about 4AM because we were having so much fun. The party so much at the South Side that even designated drivers drink red bull's with a SINGLE shot of vodka.

All reviews
"college"
"revitalized"
"theater"

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

While having drinks in Market Square our bartender suggested that we see South Side. South side is really for the young drunk kids. What I seen in south side was a bunch of girls dressed in skimpy outfits and very large women drunk and dancing in the bar and shaking the ground. I did not revisit south side, nor do I have plans to.

1  Thank satrosper
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I love going to Southside in Pittsburgh. During the day there are tons of places to shop and eat and during the night it bustles with young professionals spending their hard earned entry level monies.

Every so often you get the bad apples who like to fight and cause general havok, but I have personally never experienced it, just heard about it via word of mouth or on the news.

As such I give it four stars because it is a lot of fun by day or by night.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed on the south side after reading the reviews. The neighborhood was a bit rundown and Carson St. Was littered with garbage. We stopped by a few bars and had dinner at the Pittsburgh Steakhouse. We went on a Sunday so a lot of the stores were closed. Was ok. We had a better time visiting the strip and university park.

2  Thank gosteelers81