“Probably the best Courtyard stay I've ever had”

Courtyard Pittsburgh Shadyside
Ranked #37 of 70 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Cleveland, Ohio
“Probably the best Courtyard stay I've ever had”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I really love staying in the big Marriotts downtown. They give great service and have great facilities. This Courtyard had all that the big guys have to offer.

The location is great, close to where I was meeting. Not easy to find but that is more about Pittsburgh topography than it is about the hotel.

The staff is absolutely top notch, very friendly and helpful. The valet was backed up so the Ops Manager came out and tagged my car for me. Nice touch. He even directed me to a little pizza place with really good food and delivery.

I even give them bonus points for having a real breakfast in the morning rather than the Cafe thign that so many Courtyards have gone to.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Shadyside, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
NorthCostGuy,
Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your experience with us at Courtyard Shadyside. I’m pleased to hear our friendly service made for an enjoyable stay and our convenient location suited your travel needs. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us, and we hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Kind regards,
Alex Starr, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Orchard Park, New York
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

The hotel staff was great! It was clean. And it was walking distance to pnc park which was our reason for the visit. The pool was located on the same floor as our room which was great for our son. The shuttle service was nice and the drivers were beyond nice and helpful

• Stayed July 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Shadyside, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
leone63,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Courtyard Shadyside. We appreciate you selecting our hotel for your visit to Pittsburgh and PNC Park. It’s great to hear your son enjoyed the pool and you found our clean hotel, friendly staff, and convenient location well suited for your travels. We hope you’ll have an opportunity to visit us again for more family fun. Thank you again for writing.

Kind regards,
Sayville, New York
Reviewed 18 July 2013

My husband and I spent one night at the Courtyard by Marriott in Shadyside. The desk clerk was very friendly and accomodating and upgraded us to a king bed as soon as I asked. Every single employee greeted us with a friendly greeting and smile. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I was especially pleased that they offer free wifi in the room - so many hotels I've stayed in recently charge for the wifi. I would definitely stay here again, the next time I am in Pittsburgh.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Shadyside, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
jankow5,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us at Courtyard Shadyside. I’m happy to hear our friendly staff, comfortable accommodations, and complimentary wifi made for an enjoyable stay. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you the next time you travel to Pittsburgh. Thank you once again for writing.

PA
Reviewed 8 July 2013

As a PITT Parent, I was once again in town to see my son. This Courtyard by Marriott is by far my favorite hotel to stay when I am in Oakland, Shadyside, or anywhere else near Pittsburgh. The place has everything; clean comfortable rooms, friendly attentive staff and what you come to expect in a good hotel. It has been some time since I wrote a review of this Courtyard by Marriott, but It seems to get better and better. NEW addition is the bar. Yes, they now have a liquor license, it is nice to get a drink when you want one. Parking Valet's were quick to get your car for you. Parking here is pricey but no worse than any other good hotel in Pittsburgh. Just a fact of life when in town. I will always stay at this Courtyard by Marriott when I come to Pittsburgh, you have my business for life. Thank-you.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Shadyside, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
PITTparent,
It’s great to hear from you! Thank you for writing a review and sharing your experience with us at Courtyard Pittsburgh Shadyside. We appreciate your patronage and kind comments about our clean and comfortable accommodations, as well as our friendly staff. I’m glad you like the addition of the bar and having the option to sit down for a drink during your stay. Please continue to make us your number one choice hotel in Pittsburgh. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 May 2013

The hotel staff was very professional and friendly. The rooms ready and clean. The staff was very accommodating to our needs around graduation needs. The lobby area was open and bright.

All in all, they did excellent work.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank GBNJ
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Shadyside, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
GBNJ,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Courtyard Pittsburgh Shadyside. We appreciate your kind comments about our clean accommodations and friendly staff. I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our staff accommodating to your requests. We’re happy to have had you has our guest, and we hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Celebration,Florida,USA
Reviewed 23 April 2013

My son and I were visiting CMU so he could decide as a recently admitted student, if this is the right college for him. This stressful decision called for a great nights sleep and this hotel delivered! The staff was friendly, the hotel is clean and the beds were super comfortable. The rooms darkening curtains were perfect and there was no noise making it a very restful night. There is a Starbuck's adjacent to the hotel and a Panera Bread down the block which we love. The hotel is in a quiet area that is very close to a cute shopping street in the Shadyside area, as well as close to CMU and to the downtown area as well. This worked perfect for our needs. If my son decides on CMU we will stay here again for sure:)

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Joanne K
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Shadyside, responded to this review, 4 May 2013
Floridiantraveler50,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us at Courtyard Shadyside. I hope you had a wonderful time visiting CMU, and I’m happy to hear that we were able to provide a comfortable stay after a stressful day of decision making. We appreciate your kind comments about our hotel and friendly staff. It’s great to know our hotel was perfectly located for your travel needs. Good luck to your son on making his big decision. We vote for CMU and hope you’ll be visiting us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed 23 April 2013 via mobile

From the beginning i knew this would be good - friendly valet and desk staff. The decor is bright and sooo clean. The room even smelled fresh, none of that musty old hotel smell here. The accessible accommodations made my stay wonderful and worry free: Even a high vanity in the bathroom with room for everything! The staff is friendly, helpful and efficient, and the restaurant waiter even remembered my seat preferences from one day to the next. I will visit Pittsburgh several times in the next few months, and will be delighted with another visit at the Courtyard Shadyside.

Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Joanne A
Joanne A,
It’s great to hear from you! We appreciate you choosing Courtyard Shadyside, and want to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience. I’m pleased to know you enjoyed your stay, our friendly staff and found the accommodations clean and accessible. We’re happy to have had you as our guest, and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you travel to Pittsburgh. Thank you again for writing.