Courtyard Pittsburgh Shadyside
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$286
US$245
US$179
US$161
  • Breakfast included
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh North Shore(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
US$261
  • Pool
US$300
US$181
  • Restaurant
Omni William Penn Hotel(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
US$282
US$158
  • Room Service
US$187
US$164
Hyatt Place Pittsburgh-North Shore(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$162
Hyatt.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsshadyside hospitalcourtyard by marriottvalet parkingstarbucks attachedwalnut streetconvenient locationacross the streetstreet parkingcarnegie mellon universityper nightclean hotelvalet servicedowntown areathe entire staffcoffee makerthe room was niceone night stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 September 2005

The Courtyard Shadyside is a very nice hotel for business travelers and those visiting Shadyside hospital. It is very clean with exceptional service, a nice restaurant, wonderfully comfortable rooms and a Starbucks in the lobby! The hotel is a bit expensive for the area, but you are paying for the convenience of being so close to the hospital apparently. The staff is courteous and the hotel is a real gem!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed 25 February 2005

I have stayed at this hotel twice, most recently in February 2005. Both times I booked this hotel via Priceline, for an excellent price, so I've found it a great value.

The hotel is just a couple years old, with a beautiful modern lobby. The rooms are very nice, clean, and beds very comfortable. The location is good for the hospitals and Shadyside. Generally just a very attractive & spacious accomodation.

My minor disappointments with this hotel are 1: on our first stay there, there must've been a party upstairs, because we were awoken in the middle of the night to pounding bass. We contacted the hotel staff and to the hotel's credit, it was handled immediately 2: parking is expensive! though the neighborhood borders on some dodgier areas, we prefer to park on the street and feed the meter than pay the expensive hotel parking fees.

Would definitely stay there again if I have a need to be in the Shadyside/Oakland area.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 August 2004

My family and I stayed here when I had surgery at the hospital across the street. We tried to get into the hospital family house, but they were full, and they reccomended the Courtyard. The staff was great and helped us with all our stuff for our week stay. They even gave us a surgical hospital rate since I was having surgery at UPMC. We did not park in thier lot, instead we had validated parking in the hospital garage. My family really liked the hotel and that is saying something, considering my family is very sensitive to public places and cleanliness of places. We were having some problems with my checkout from the hospital and the hotel gave my family a late checkout extension so we did not get charged a fee there. As my husband was loading the car and checking out after picking me up at the hospital, the staff asked how I was doing and wished us a safe trip home and a speedy recovery. How nice is that??!! An excelent place to stay. Walking distance to grocery store, resturants and shopping.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 April 2004

Stayed at Courtyard Shadyside when we visited Univ of Pittsburgh with my son as part of his college decision process. As he's chosen Pitt, we expect to stay at Courtyard Shadyside often. It's clean, well maintained, and has small but nice exercise facilities. The price is reasonable. They only serve breakfast in the hotel, but there's a nice restaurant right around the corner where we had a good and inexpensive dinner.

3  Thank travelsforbusiness
Reviewed 19 January 2004

Our family celebrated Christmas at a relative's Shadyside home. We chose the brand new Courtyard because it was so close to the neighborhood... only a 10 minute walk to the Walnut Street shops. We had three rooms and all were lovely, clean and new! The lobby area was nicely decorated and had plenty of comfortable seating. All of the rooms were spacious and comfortable. Good for both leisure and business travelers. The staff was friendly and helpful. The fitness room had 3 or 4 treadmills, a bike and a stepper. Unfortunately, the pool hours were not very convenient, but it was Xmas and maybe the hotel was short staffed. Complimentary coffee/ tea was served in the lobby every morning. It would be nice if a continental breakfast was included, but Starbucks is right next door if you just want a danish. The hotel's breakfast buffet was not included in our holiday rate. We relied on street parking instead of paying $13/day valet parking. So we juggled parking our cars on the street. Since it was Xmas the area was very quiet and not congested. The hotel is right next to the hospital, so it could be noisy with ambulances, so ask for a room on the side away from the hospital. This location worked out great for our Xmas holiday in Pittsburgh-Shadyside.

4  Thank Alice