Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pittsburgh-South Side
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh North Shore(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
US$318
Doubletree.com
US$297
US$181
  • Restaurant
Omni William Penn Hotel(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
US$190
Hampton.com
US$132
US$123
Doubletree.com
Hyatt Place Pittsburgh-North Shore(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$177
Hyatt.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscarson streethi expressfree shuttlefront deskstation squareshuttle servicewithin milesbars and restaurantsfree breakfastbreakfast roomlight sleeperstay at this hotel againmile radiuspirates gamekey cardacross the rivernon smoking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

This hotel is way overpriced but.. It's a great location for Station Square and the South Side. The free shuttle service was clutch. Our fridge was barely working and was leaking upon arrival. Overall, it was a good stay but I'd have to get one heck of a deal to stay here again. Not worth the rate!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 14 August 2013

My name is Lee Ticker, and my daughter and i stayed at your hotel sat august 10th on our way from Philadelphia to the Dayton area for her return back to college. The room was very nice and the service by all your employees was fantastic. Gladys, at the front desk, and David O., and David D., the shuttle drivers, gave us excellent service. The shuttle took us to get our Primanti's brothers sandwich, and to/from the train to get to the Steelers game that night. I would definitely stay at this hotel again!. Of course the only negative is that we had to be in the same city that the Penguins and Sidney Crosby play in, LOL( We love him in Philly!)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2013

The bad - trains go by between 11pm and 8am and whistle very loudly. Bring earplugs. Parking is $14 a night. The people stocking the breakfast room need to replace empty food trays more quickly. The good - free wifi, really nicely appointed rooms. Great AC. Nice bathroom. Lots of towels. Good water pressure. I had full view of city. Nice hot breakfast, eggs, bacon, great biscuits. Gritty interesting area of town.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 8 August 2013

For a long weekend getaway this was a great stay. King size bed and the pillows were super comfy, the room was clean and we had no issues other than a musky/smoky smell (in a non-smoking room) that we noticed when we walked in - but wasn't noticeable after being in it for a minute.

Otherwise the front lobby staff was super helpful, always giving advice and tips that helped us. The shuttle was great to get around (either to the free trolley station at 1st avenue, which you can walk to in about 7 minutes anyways, or to most other locations if a game isn't being played).

Breakfast had most of the staples, but not the best breakfast buffet I've been to. The food did the trick and was usually warm enough, just seemed to run out very quickly. Would stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel using my husband's reward points, he uses HI for business almost weekly. The location of the hotel was my biggest frustration. I should have done a bit more research before settling on the hotel, because I would have found that it is located on a very unattractive and busy street, near a "hip and trendy" area that is really not very hospitable at all. I live in an urban area, so I enjoy urban areas, but this area was not enjoyable to me. So we did use the shuttle, which was nice, but we found it necessary if you want to visit downtown Pittsburgh. If it weren't for that shuttle, we would have been trapped at this hotel with really nowhere to go.
Were I to go to Pittsburgh again, I would definitely get a hotel in the downtown area, somewhere around the Market Square area, which was full of people, restaurants, things to do, etc.
As far as the comfort of the hotel, it was ok, but definitely not spotless. There was a thick layer of dust on the glass shelves in the bathroom, the sheets seemed old to me, the bathroom had a lot of mold spots in the tub area. It just felt a bit tired.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Gladys B, IHG Rewards Club Loyalty Champion at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pittsburgh-South Side, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2013

Greetings,
Thank you for taking your time to place your experience with us on TripAdvisor! First of all I would like to thank you for using your IHG Rewards points towards booking with us! I hate to hear that you found our prime location frustrating and unattractive. Our intersection and location is actually far from such and full of Pittsburgh history! We are located just at the foot of the 10th Street Bridge, entering Pittsburgh’s Historic Southside. Right next door is one of the city’s most fascinating Landmarks, the Oliver Bath House, holding its place on S 10th Street for over a Century. The historic Southside actually holds over 200 bars, restaurants, retail shops and concert venues in its district; within walking distance to our facility. Our part of town holds something for everyone and will never disappoint upon initial exploration. Our shuttle is especially convenient while exploring other parts of downtown Pittsburgh, alleviating additional parking fees within the city.
I would like to further apologize about the condition of your room. The dust has since been cleared, Maintenance has re-caulked all of our tubs, and brand new linens have been ordered to keep up with the crisp and modern look of our newly renovated rooms.
We welcome you back in the future, to personally show you ALL that Pittsburgh’s Historic Southside has to offer. Let us host you in our city and we assure you that you will not be disappointed.
Gladys B