Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pittsburgh-South Side
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh North Shore(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
US$261
US$222
US$179
US$161
US$187
US$163
  • Pool
Omni William Penn Hotel(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
US$158
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
US$237
US$208
  • Pool
Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$164
US$127
US$123
Doubletree.com
Hyatt Place Pittsburgh-North Shore(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$162
Hyatt.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscarson streethi expressfree shuttlefront deskstation squareshuttle servicewithin milesbars and restaurantsfree breakfastbreakfast roomlight sleeperstay at this hotel againmile radiuspirates gamekey cardacross the rivernon smoking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Only one check in clerk. Extremely friendly, but overwhelmed. Answering phones, answering questions, checking in.guests. He clearly needed help. The room's shower did not work, the sink was plugged, and one of the light bulbs in the bathroom was out.
I gave the clerk a note stating the issues on checkout, and he said thank you. It appears there needs to be some customer service training, and better maintenance. Not sure why a cleaning person would not report the issues to management.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Gladys B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pittsburgh-South Side, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to place your experience with us on TripAdvisor. First of all, I regret to hear of your disappointing experience. This is never the service we aim to provide. At times, our check in and/or front desk area can seem quite hectic, with many different things happening at once. Because of this, we always schedule heavy during peak times, but an unexpected “rush” can occur at any time. We are always prepared for this with a manager on stand-by, and are always in the process of training new staff on how acknowledge every guest, even with his/her hands full. I appreciate you stating how friendly our associate was, even under unlikely conditions.
I do want to let you know that I did receive your note immediately upon your check-out and I did ensure that your room issues were rectified right then and there. Had we known sooner, we most certainly would have taken every action needed, ensuring your upmost comfort. This being said, I welcome you back with open arms, to give us another try. Your one poor experience gives us more than enough motivation needed to prove to you how amazing our staff truly is and how far our accommodations sit above our local competition. Hope to see you again soon! You won’t be disappointed!
Gladys B.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

My family and I stayed here for the Pittsburgh Marathon and were very happy with how accommodating they were for those running in the event and their families. Starting breakfast and shuttle rides at 4 AM shows that they pay attention to the needs of their guests. The shuttle driver was so friendly and happy and showed a genuine concern for the needs of the guests.

In addition, the hotel is within walking distance of Station Square where you will find plenty of bars and restaurants. A great place to stay on the South Shore!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away that doesn't face the railroad tracks. There is a crossing right near the hotel so the train blows the horn... many times throughout the night.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Gladys B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pittsburgh-South Side, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to place your experience with us on TripAdvisor! I am absolutely elated to hear that our special accommodation to our marathon runners early that morning impacted your stay positively. Each year we try something different in order to accommodate our marathon runners in the best way possible. This year, we had 4 main members of our staff come in early to coordinate the pre-run “breakfast to go” along with our shuttle driver; and the early start of our full hot breakfast. We are beyond pleased that they were both noticed and appreciated. The best feedback that we can receive is that our extra efforts are noticed. I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to post your review. Come back to see us again soon, even on a non-event day, we will make every effort to WOW you again!
Gladys B.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

The arrival location is quite good. The property itself is very good. The staff is wonderful. Mr. Chips the shuttle driver is a Treasure indeed. We had dinner reservations for 5:45 ay Meat and Potatoes, normally about 10 minutes away by shuttle, and arrived in the lobby an hour before our reservation, 4:45 thought we would have an adult beverage near the restaurant and arrive on schedule. Well, there was a Businessman's Special Baseball Game that day and we were caught in traffic and arrived at 6:15, 30 minutes late. We did have to pick up one guest at the Casino first. We did call our restaurant and they held our table for us so no real harm in the long run. However, The neighborhood after 10 pm on a quiet night is a bit like DEFYING DEATH. We were not harmed and I was thankful when we got back to the hotel safely. We walked past several local establishments on Carson Street, and there was not 1 patron in any of them. No sign of civilization- other than the hotel within 3 blocks and we were too concerned to go farther on foot. FINAL SCORE;Hotel 10 POINTS- this part of Carson Street for Boomers on a quiet night for AARP qualified- MINUS 6.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I am a returning visitor to Pittsburgh and I stayed at my favorite Hotel the Holiday Inn South Side. Although most of the Desk staff is new the General manager and Assistant manager are the same. I say this because when I first came to Pittsburgh I was welcome so graciously by the assistant manager who also made my trip and a success by giving me all sorts of information on getting around the city.
The Hotel has been recently renovated and the lobby and the rooms look great. I always check the linen and it is clean and the rooms are free from dust and hair. The bathrooms are clean and the soaps and lotions are new and unopened. All of this points to the fantastic job done by the Assistant Manage who in their friendly conversation inquires about your accommodations. Her name is Robin and if you are in need of something, directions, recreational spots or just a hug, she is the one. Robin is the face of the Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: The best rooms are the odd room numbers. The face the city.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Leslie S
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here recently for three nights during our trip to Pittsburgh. It is extremely well located, just over the bridge from where the Consol Energy Center is, so if you're going for a hockey game, you're well within walking distance. Also, it's only about a block away from Carson Street where there are a lot of bars and restaurants, so we were able to find different places for dinner every night all within walking distance. Also, the neighborhood is fine, so we didn't feel scared to walk anywhere. If you're going for baseball or football, you really aren't within walking distance, but the hotel supposedly runs a shuttle to anywhere within a 3 mile radius (we didn't utilize this on our visit).

The hotel room itself is typical Holiday Inn. Ours had a little sitting area with a small couch and also a sink, some cabinets, a small refrigerator and a microwave. The room was clean and it seemed like the bathroom may have been updated recenlty. The front desk staff was friendly and attentive.

Parking was $14 a day, but you have in and out privleges, so it didn't seem too pricey.

Also, hands down, this hotel has the best continental breakfast I've ever seen! It was delicious!

We will most definitely stay here again, and I would definitely recommend it to others.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple