“Great”

Ranked #57 of 71 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Upper Sandusky
“Great”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Was a great stay. Asked for a rollaway bed brought to us in an half hour. Only thing was ,when you leave your room the door slams, very loud but other than that the staff was very friendly. Stayed April 26th,2014 They are remodeling but that's a plus !!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Vicky H
Cheryl B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Conference Center, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you for the nice review. I appreciate you mentioning our great staff and I'm happy to know you received friendly service while you were a guest at our hotel. With regards to our renovations, we think it's a plus too!! I hope you're able to stay with us again afer all the upgrades are finished so you can experience the changes first hand. Thanks again for writing.
Cheryl Babbit

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Monroeville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Booked two roomsto have a little family reunion and wanted to book a third, I called the hotel to. Book a third and the lady said there were no kre rooms left..upon arriving I noticed people getting rooms left and right. So I waited a little and went down and walked up to the desk and said I needed a room. And got one. We had kids with us and they wanted to swim, there were adults th:-) ere to watch them but the staff was very rude when one of he adults had to meet his mother out front to help her after having surgery they rudely commented about pool regulations. Our kids were not bad And they were having fun. As the other party came in from shopping they asked for my name and room. This person already had a room that I purchased and the staff had to comment badly about asking for me. As his mother was purchasing the last room we learned we were getting kicked out and they called the police. We did nothing wrong and will never stay there again. Spent close to $500 and thy had a problem. I am White and the people I was with were African american. It seems a little prejudice to me. But I bet who ever was smoking the marijuana that lingered the halls smelling ,like a skunk got to stay. Didn't see any cops then

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank frustrated830
Cheryl B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Conference Center, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
I'm sorry that our hotel was not able to accommodate your group. As was explained to you at check-in, only our hotel guests (a maximum of 4 people per room) are permitted to use our facilities, including our indoor swimming pool. In order to provide a comfortable enviroment for ALL of our guests, and because of insurance liability issues, we do not permit parties at our swimming pool. We explain the terms of use for our pool at check-in and all of our guests agree to them when they sign their registration card, just as you did. Unfortunately, you violated this policy and were therefore asked to leave. It's an awkward situation for all parties involved, including my staff, but we are obligated to maintain the hotel's policies and procedures for the safety, security and comfort of all of our guests.
Cheryl Babbit

Travellers are raving about these Pittsburgh hotels

Monroeville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I have been staying at The Comfort Inn since I could remember and I have recommended this hotel to a lot of family and friends but never again. I called Friday afternoon to book a room for the weekend and when I could not make it of course I called to cancel it. I thought everything was fine and the lady on the phone was pleasant about it. When I went to check my credit card it showed that The Comfort Inn charged me. I knew this was a mistake and I called to get to the bottom of things. I talked to a woman named Michelle and at first she directed me to the manager which I had to leave two voice mails for without a return car. On my fourth time calling the same woman Michelle,was very rude, mean, and very nasty with me for no apparent reason and I couldn't believe it. She kept asking me for my reason of calling and when I would tell her she would cut me off me and sent me to the manager who in return did not answer her phone. I ask Michelle if there was another manager I could talk too and she became very nasty and smart with me. I was in shock because just before she had told me there was more than one manager available. Finally when I got a hold of the manager hours later, I was almost to tears. The manager was not very pleasant and when I told her about her employee Michelle, she just defended her. The manager Miss Linn I believe, was did nothing to help out with my situation. All she did was over talk me, and basically tell me I was wrong. She told me her employees always follow protocol but Friday afternoon they did not. Now I am have a charge on my card for something I did not even do. They basically robbed me and I will NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN. Also I will be telling my friends and family about this and they will never get business from me, my friends, and family again. It's sad because I really did like this hotel but after this weekend I will find a hotel so much better. To everyone else I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND staying at this hotel, and I would highly recommend you staying somewhere better with nicer and respectful employees and manger.

• Stayed March 2014
Cheryl B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Conference Center, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
It was very upsetting to read your comments regarding the recent reservation you made at our hotel. However, I'm glad to know you have enjoyed staying here in the past and felt comfortable referring our hotel to your family and friends over the years. We value all of our guests and especially those who are loyal, repeat guests such as yourself. I will contact you directly to discuss this misunderstanding regarding the cancellation of your reservation as I am most anxious to get it resolved to your satisfaction.
Clearfield, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Clean comfortable rooms and more - a whole lot more. The bar, restaurant, and pool are all first class - but what really sets this hotel apart is the staff. The people that run those facilities are first rate. My wife and I stayed during the hotel's Valentine's Day promotion - and even though we didn't know about the promotion until we were there, the hotel's staff took us around and showed us what was included in the package. Then later - when some of the Valentine's Day attendees stayed up too late, drank a bit too much, and started partying in one of the rooms, the staff resolved the situation immediately. They moved the party to the bar and kept the guest room area quiet. (As a guest, you can never be sure who will party near you, but it's reassuring to know the staff cares and will do their part - and they did it quickly and very well.) A really great place. We'll stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: It's all good.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HappyOldOne
Cheryl B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Conference Center, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review! Our team is committed to making our guests' stay both enjoyable and comfortable. We value your feedback and are grateful for the recognition you placed on the staff. Valentine's Day is always a very big weekend for us and I hope next year you'll be able to join us for our Sweetheart Package with candlelight dinner, dancing and so much more.
Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to being of service to you on your next visit!
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We stayed here at the recommendation of family. It's really the only hotel in that particular area. It's decent but is in need of a complete make-over. The carpeting throughout the hotel was worn, the bathroom was very small and the sliding glass door leaked frigid air. The parking lot was snowy with a lot of ice buildup. On the plus side, the staff was very friendly and the restaurant was good.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are so proud of our staff, so I appreciate you mentioning the friendly service you received and I was also glad to know you enjoyed our full service restaurant.
The issues with the condition of the hotel are currently being addressed as we are going through a major renovation to our property. All 154 of our guest rooms will be receiving (or have already received) new carpeting, new paint colors, new furniture, new bedding, new lighting and fixtures, new granite bathroom vanities and much more. I hope you will consider staying with us again so that you can experience all the changes and upgrades first hand. We look forward to your return visit!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We stayed there last week for 2 days. The day check-in staff was super sweet...think her name was Michelle. The night staff, not so much :( The hotel is near the main highway which is nice. For the most part it was clean. It is a bit outdated. The room was neat, the bathroom was extremely small. The cleaning staff never came by so we never received a cleaned room or fresh towels and toiletries.
The room does not have a microwave. There are no elevators so be prepared to carry ALL of your luggage up or down several stairs and to your room. At night it was noisy. The toilet kept making a bubbling sound and the walls are paper thin.
The breakfast is really good, sausage, eggs, waffles, toast, yogurt, cereal and more...but again the staff is only nice if you are a local folk...forget good service if you are not a regular or a local.
The restaurant closes very early.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank dr m
Thank you for writing. Your feedback is so important to us as guest satisfaction is our highest priority. I'm glad you enjoyed breakfast and found our food offerings to be plentiful. As well, thank you for mentioning that Michelle provided you with great service. We are very proud of our staff and I'm glad to know she was able to exceed your expectations. I will certainly share your comments with our entire staff as we all strive to provide that high level of service to each and every guest.
We are in the process of renovating our entire hotel and soon will have brand new rooms with new furnishings, fixtures, paint colors, carpeting and so much more. I hope you will consider staying with us again so that you can see all the changes and upgrades for yourself.
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 14 January 2014

After driving through a snow storm for most of the afternoon, it was a relief to find this hotel convenient to the highway. The staff was very friendly and helpful with a problem we had (not related to the hotel), our room was clean, well-furnished (comfortable bed) - good tv reception, internet. The price was right, too.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank February78
It's fantastic to hear you enjoyed a comfortable stay and found our accommodations and amenities well suited for your travels. We look forward to being of service to you again in the future!
Cheryl Babbit
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsburgh
Comfort Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Allegheny Valley
Residence Inn Pittsburgh Monroeville/Wilkins Township
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#5 of 12 in Monroeville
Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh Monroeville
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Monroeville Convention Center
Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh - Munhall

Been to Comfort Inn Conference Center? Share your experiences!