“the unique "Marriott" feeling”

Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown
Ranked #37 of 71 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed 13 June 2012

I really enjoy staying at Marriott family of hotels. Their rooms have this unique feeling that you can only find and enjoy with them. As a business hotel, breakfast is available at the lobby and you can just pay for what you like. It also has a convenience store area where you can easily purchase what you need.

Room Tip: I think any room is a good one. That is the nice thing about Marriott.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank janettetoral
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Janettetoral,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to share your comments with our team during our next meeting. We hope to see you back at our hotel in the future!

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown

Reviewed 10 June 2012

I recently stayed here for a night before a train trip. The hotel is in a former building that manufactured pants! It was abandoned for 15 years before Marriott took it over and transformed it. The lobby is very comforting and the rooms are huge. Great high ceilings, wonderful beds, flat screen tv's and internet service. The hotel offers breakfast at a cost. The location is in downtown Pittsburgh within easy walking distance to restaurants, shops and the stadiums. Public transportation is one block away and both Amtrak and Greyhound stations are 2 blocks away.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Joseph T
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2012

Thanks so much for your review and endorsement Joseph T! We appreciate hearing from you and are delighted that you enjoyed our décor, as well as our super location!
We look forward to seeing you again before your next trip.

Thanks again,
Francisco Selles

Reviewed 17 May 2012

This hotel would have been a perfect stay had it not been for the construction two buildings down. A LARGE jackhammer was running well into the wee hours of the morning. When I called the front desk, it was clear that the clerk had been trained on how to deal with this problem. All I was offered were the foam ear plugs that were left on the nightstand for our use. Nice Marriott, $200 pieces of foam to stick in my ears. How about you inform your clients that there is a high chance that they will pay a large price to get the privilege of using their room, but not sleeping in it? Greedy Marriott, very unhappy client!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank onehungrygirl
Reviewed 15 May 2012

We Love Going to the Shows @ The Benedum Center and this Hotel Is with-in Walking Distance ( weather permitting). Pricing is about Average. When we Book With Hotels We always request A King Bed, Preferably with a view, This Hotel puts U in the Center Looking out at a courtyard (which in the winter is Ugly). would rather be on the Back side Looking at the River !! First year we went we booked online and purchased a Brkfst Buffet at same time, Which I researched and was a Good Deal. But our Last trip we were told That wasnt Possible !?! Staff Have always Been Kind and More than Happy to answer questions.Their Parking Lot/Spaces are Questionable Since We Drive a Large SUV..

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2012

Mommyof5kiddos,
Thank you for your review and recommendation! We’re so glad you enjoy staying with us; we greatly appreciate your loyalty and taking the time to share your comments. We look forward to seeing you again!

All the best,

Reviewed 7 May 2012

We stayed for marathon weekend 2012 Our experience was great right from the start. We requested an early check in, but did not anticipate our room being ready at 12:00. This was a huge bonus since we were able to get to our rooom before the expo which was located in the convention center right next door to the hotel. This property was immaculate in expected Marriott fashion. The front desk, valet and workers were all pleasent and greated you with a smile. The room was modern, comfortable, and quiet. The location for the race and any other visit was perfect. Penn avenue has plenty of wonderful restaurants and we were only about 5 blocks walk to the start/finish area. We try to only stay at Marriott properties since our experience has always been consistently excellent and this hotel and staff exceeded our expectations.

Room Tip: noisy street request coutyard/upper level room
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mwano
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Mwano,
Thank you for your wonderful review and recommendation! I am glad you found your stay during the marathon to be top-notch and relaxing. We hope you had a great weekend! The team is always happy to help with dinner and local suggestions. We look forward to seeing you again!

Yours truly,

Reviewed 29 April 2012

I stayed at this property years ago. My company put me up there, and I was scared for I had never stayed in a hotel by myself. Every single person was so nice to me. The Valet was always so polite, even if I had a gross green rinky dink car at the time. The person at the door always said hi and wished me a good day. The lady that ran the breakfast new me by name and always asked how work was. Even the housekeepers tucked in my stuffed dog every day. It put a smile on my face every single time I came home from work. The food I ordered to the room was delicious and the staff was soo wonderful. This experience alone made me solidify my degree in Hospitality Management and I am now a Hotel General Manager. Thank you so much! I recommend this place highly!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Carla O,
Thank you so much for writing a review and sharing your experience about our hotel. It is great to hear stories like yours. I will be sure to share your words with our staff during our next team meeting. I hope you get an opportunity to visit our hotel again in the future.

Take care,

Reviewed 22 April 2012

A nice Courtyard Marriott, good lobby that actually had people using it, and a great location for a lot of downtown activities, esp walking to and from the ballpark after a Pirates-Phillies night game. Near many restaurants, and you could walk the eight-ten blocks up to the Strip if you wanted. The parking valet worked very rapidly for us ($22 daily), and service in general was very good at the desk and for our one room-service linen need. The only BUT -- the Bistro breakfast area. Food was totally underwhelming. Is Marriott replacing all its Courtyard buffet breakfasts with these? A rare mistake from Marriott. Once was all I could manage here; we drove over to The Porch at Schenley, near Pitt campus, for a great brunch the second morning of our stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Philadelphian35
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Thanks for choosing our hotel and for your review Philadelphian35, we appreciate your kind comments. To answer your question, Marriott is replacing the buffet breakfast with the new Bistro in all Courtyards, I’m sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy your experience with ours. Hope you and your family had a great time at the game!

Take care,