“Good Hotel”

Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown
Ranked #37 of 72 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed 27 December 2013

The Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown is a good hotel if you are staying in Downtown Pittsburgh. It is within good proximity to everything including lots of bars and restaurants. The rooms are clean and the staff is very helpful. The valet staff is excellent. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

1TrippyTraveler,
We appreciate your review and recommendations of Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown. We're pleased to hear that our central location, clean rooms, and helpful staff made for an enjoyable stay. We hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you once again for writing.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

This may be the friendliest hotel I've ever visited. Everyone we interacted with was a nice as could be! The location is great - right next to convention center and just blocks from Point Park University that we were visiting. Nice rooms with high ceilings and good beds. Downstairs offers a mini-cafe with limited Starbucks menu and nuke-to-order breakfasts. Lobby is welcoming with comfortable chairs and a lovely fireplace. On the negative side is no on-site parking, although their listing indicated they have it. A paid parking garage is just a short block away for $10 a day. (The attendants here were as friendly as the hotel staff.) They also say they have valet parking, but apparently not as late as we arrived. It was disconcerting to walk the streets of a new city late at night with my daughter and our suitcases. The other thing is that the young woman who checked us in said we could enjoy a complimentary breakfast - which we could not. Otherwise, this was a very pleasant stay. If we have cause to visit Pittsburgh again, this is where we'll stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

dszym,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review from your stay with us at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown. We always appreciate hearing from our guests on positive feedback, as well as opportunities for improving our guest experience. I sincerely apologize for the areas we fell short of meeting your expectations. Your feedback is important to us as guest satisfaction is our highest priority.

I'm sorry for any inconveniences you experienced with parking. Our valet service is available 24 hours a day, however, the service is handled through the front desk from midnight - 6:30am. We're glad you enjoyed your stay otherwise and found our friendly staff, great location, and comfortable accommodations well suited for your travels. We hope to welcome you back as our guest again soon. Thank you once again for writing.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

This was the last stop on our motorcycle trip, the staff were fantastic and very accommodating. They let us ride our bikes into the underground parking garage that is for valet service. The room was excellent and the downtown location could not be beat.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

RobGS,
We appreciate you selecting our hotel during your motorcycle trip, and we're glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown. It's great to hear that our excellent service, accommodations, and location all met your satisfaction. We hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thanks again.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

As usual I booked flights in advance, and then booked hotel, both on hipmunk.com (the fastest and most convenient I have found - be sure to try it - and do let me know if you find a website that is more convenient). Hotel was next door to the Convention Center where my 3 day meeting was held. Room was clean and spacious. Very comfy bed. Front desk was very helpful. Only issues were: (1) wireless was problematic on the 9th floor. (2) when you walked on the carpet there was a slight scrunchy sound which was a little disconcerting.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

The-CA-Engineer,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown. We're pleased to hear you enjoyed a comfortable stay, and found our accommodations and location well suited of your business travels. We appreciate your feedback and thank you once again for writing. We hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I started at the courtyard on Friday November 22. It was out first time in Pittsburgh and we didn't really know where to go or what to eat around the area. We checked in with Adele and she was such a delight. Hands down one of the best check in I had in a while, so good job! She recommended us where we could park and what we should see. On our last night we took her recommendation and tried legume and it was excellent. I didn't get a chance to thank her when we left.

The rooms at this courtyard is just gorgeous! We were only suppose to stay one night but we just had to extend our stay because the rooms were just that nice. High ceilings, large windows, super comfortable beds. This hotel is one of a kind.

The only thing was I called down in the morning to ask for no service but an hour later someone still knocked at my door to ask when they can service my room. I told them I don't need service today but when I came back at night someone still came into my room. I know it's not a big deal but I thought after telling two people, I was hoping no one would go in my room.

But this is still a beautiful hotel with wonderful staffs! When I do visit Pittsburgh again this will definitely be my go to hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Kin-Pat,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown. We're happy to have been a part of your first visit to Pittsburgh, and we're glad our comfortable accommodations and excellent service made for a memorable stay. I'll be certain to pass along your compliments and will make sure Adele receives a special commendation for her sincere hospitality. We appreciate your feedback on opportunities for improvement as guest satisfaction is our highest priority. Please come see us again soon, and don't hesitate to stay a little longer.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Loved the exterior facade of the building. The front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. The room (623) was comfortable and clean BUT it was HOT. It was very cold outside and I guess the heat was on, but we were unable to adjust the temperature in the room. We ended up turning on the air conditioner to make the room comfortable. The only downside was the parking,,,$22.00 per night for valet parking was excessive and there weren't any free options in the area. Despite the parking fee and lack of temperature control this was a nice place in the heart of downtown. You could easily walk to restaurants.

Room Tip: If you want to be in town this is a good place to stay.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Wendy B,
Thank you for writing a review from your stay with us at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown. We're glad you enjoyed our central location, friendly staff, and clean accommodations. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you experienced with adjusting the rooms temperatures. Please know your concerns are being addressed with our maintenance staff in order to make any necessary repairs. I'm pleased to hear you had a nice stay otherwise, and we hope to see you again soon. Thank you once again for writing.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Excellent location in the Cultural District, and an easy walk to PNC Park and Heinz Field. Staff is very nice. My only complaint was that the mattress was a little too soft for me, I left with a backache. Otherwise, this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Frankiehead,
We are pleased to have had you stay with us at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown, and we thank you for writing a review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests on positive feedback, as well as areas of opportunity. Please know we will take your comments into consideration for improving our guest experience. Thank you once again for writing. We hope you'll visit us again soon.