“two comfortable days stay”

Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown
Ranked #38 of 73 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed 26 February 2014

stayed here two days while my daughter took the bar exam next door at the convention center. Very convenient to all of Pittsburgh. Great front desk staff, very accommodating. Excellent valet staff as well. Clean room, well appointed. My only compliant would be that the room had the loudest heating system I have ever enountered.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

PaSoccer,
We're happy to hear of your comfortable stay,and thank you for choosing Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown. We appreciate your compliments regarding the excellent level of service and cleanliness we provided during your visit. I'm sorry for any noise disturbances you encountered from the heating system and thank you for your feedback. We hope you will have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thanks again!

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We just got home from a weekend at the Courtyard Marriott Pittsburgh and had a wonderful stay there. Hotel is within walking distance to many bars and restaurants, but if you don't want to walk, the hotel offers a free shuttle service that will take you where you want to go! We had such friendly drivers - both Andre and Kyle, who were wonderful and took us and picked us up and drove us to a number of locations without a problem. Front desk staff was very friendly as well - Zach took great care of us. Room was very large, clean and quiet - we had a room on the 9th floor far away from the elevators and we never heard a peep from anyone! Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Rooms on high floor and away from elevators are very quiet
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank erin31

erin31,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your wonderful stay with us at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown. We're pleased to hear about the excellent service delivered during your stay and look forward to sharing your compliments with our team. I'll make sure Andre, Kyle, and Zach all receive commendations for their sincere hospitality. We appreciate your recommendations of our great hotel and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Good location and not worth the cost. Noisy floors, the heating units that are so loud I could not hear TV. There were dishes left in the hall over 2 days. This property is not what I expect from a Marriott property.

Room Tip: Go in summer and hope the AC isn't as loud as the heater
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank trnkm20001
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

trnkm20001,
We appreciate you sharing feedback and bringing these concerns to our attention. We take pride in ensuring all our guests receive the Marriott quality stay they should always expect, and we sincerely apologize that we missed the mark during your stay. Thank you again for your feedback as it helps us to improve our property and overall guest experience. We hope you will give us another chance the next time you travel to Pittsburgh.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

I booked 4 rooms on a class trip, 1 king for myself, 3 double queens for my students. The staff was great at checking everyone in, even though with 9 students it was a bit chaotic.

I was initially placed in a king on the 9th floor, very generous room with a HUGE window but facing a nondescript central courtyard / airway. Not wanting to spend my first trip to Pittsburgh staring across the way at a yellow wall, I requested a room change which was granted with a smile. Apparently all the kings face inward. I was moved to a double king with an equally huge window and a city view. MUCH BETTER.

The rooms are nicely decorated and OMG plugs galore to accommodate all my gadgets.

Overall a very nice experience.

Room Tip: According to the staff the kings face inward, if you want a city view book a double queen instead.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Vaporgirl,
Thank you for choosing Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown for your class trip. I am glad we were able to accommodate your room change request, and it’s great to hear that you enjoyed your room’s view of the city. Please plan to visit us again in the future. Thank you for your great review.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

This hotel does not go "on sale" very often, but when it does I try to fashion a trip to Pittsburgh around it. It is in the Cultural District and so is right on top of all of the expected focal points of such a corridor: restaurants, shopping and performances. The area is also a very pleasant urban space to walk and people-watch. The hotel is within an easy walk to the North Shore, Market Square, downtown stores, and the Strip District. I park the car and leave it for the whole stay.

My bed was pretty hard, so next time I do this I will ask for a softer one. The lobby is on the small side, more like a wide hallway, but has a fireplace with lounge chairs and a little library. It is a quite pleasant lobby. Staff was very courteous and efficient.

On a more personal note, I love the fact that within the hotel is a very nice restaurant, Sonoma, with a great atmosphere and awesome wine list. Seviche is right across the street and also offers very pleasant upscale dining.

Room Tip: Interior courtyard view is uninspiring. City views probably cost more, but would be tangibly more p...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dukesnyder,
Thank you for your review and patronage at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown. We’re glad you consistently enjoy your stay and find our central location to provide many conveniences and entertainment options. We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to your next visit. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

We arrived early at the Courtyard, and were able to get into our rooms. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful. Our rooms were typical for a city hotel in the heart of the downtown. They were a bit narrow, with very high ceilings. Actually, they were higher than they were wide. They were clean and nicely decorated. My bed wasn't all that comfortable, but the shower pressure made up for that! The shower was fantastic. I like a hotel with a good shower.

The courtesy shuttle got us wherever we needed to go, and the drivers are a real credit to this hotel. They were friendly, cordial and informative.

For breakfast, the hotel only has what is little more than a coffee stand. You can get a breakfast sandwich, bagel, yogurt, fruit, etc., at a hefty price.

I think this hotel is primarily a business hotel, and I'm betting it's pretty full during the work week.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Parksy52,
Thank you for writing a review from your experience with us at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown. We appreciate the opportunity to have you as our guest, and we're glad our friendly staff and complimentary shuttle service exceeded your expectations. We hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again in the future. Thanks again.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Needed a hotel close to the Amtrak station and this one is about 3 1/2 blocks away. Nice lobby with pantry for snacks. Great front desk staff. I thought I left an iPad in the room and they checked for me while I was on the train. Turned out to be stuck in my luggage.

Great room and TV! The old wood floors creaked a little but that added to its charm. Modern yet original. Lots of bars near by for dinner or a snack. The room was spotless. I'll be back for sure!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Choochootutt,
Thank you for writing a review from your recent visit to Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown. It's great to know our close proximity to the Amtrak station added convenience to your stay, and you found our service and amenities perfectly suited for your travels. We look forward to your next visit and thank you again for your great review.