Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
Omni William Penn Hotel(Pittsburgh)
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
  • Pool
All reviewshigh ceilingsconvention centercultural districtpenn avenuegreat locationpnc parktypical courtyardcourtyard marriottvalet parkingfront deskacross the streetwithin walking distancevalet serviceheinz fieldsteelers gamebars and restaurantsperfect stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I come to Pittsburgh all the time and I thought I would give this hotel a try. Typical Courtyard but a great location. The gym had about 6 treadmills, one wasn't working. The restaurant next door although not cheap but the food was very good. I thought the valet price of 22 dollars a day was reasonable as well. My biggest problem with this hotel and the reason I probably will never stay here again is the view. You would think that they would try to put a platinum member in a nicer room but as you can see my view was awful. I had to keep my window closed with no natural light coming in, very depressing.

Room Tip: Request a room with the view outside, not the courtyard. Try Sonoma restaurant next door
Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

AA75,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to Pittsburgh, and we’re glad our location offered many conveniences for your travel needs. I apologize for your disappointment in your room’s view. These details do make a trip and we regret we missed the mark during your stay. On your next visit, we would be happy to assign you a room with a better view upon request. We value your business and hope to see you again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 April 2014

This hotel is wonderful! I have stayed here several times now and it is definitely my go-to for accommodations in Pittsburgh. As a preservation nerd, I appreciate the care with which Marriott has re-used this beautiful and historic building. It is really great and lovingly done. As a frequent traveler, I appreciate everything else!

The hotel is very clean. There was no dust or dirt anywhere in my room. I go to a lot of hotels and this one is definitely impressively clean. The rooms are lovely and have very high ceilings and big, beautiful windows that let in lots of cheerful light. The lobby is very nice as is the small sundries shop which offers quite a few options for food, snacks, wardrobe emergencies, etc. Plenty of newspapers and books are around to read.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. They are always good to ask for restaurant or entertainment suggestions. In my multiple trips there, they have remembered who I am and why I have visited before, as well as the places I like to go in Pittsburgh.

The hotel's location is great, close to most of the theatres in Pittsburgh and tons of great restaurants, as well as the convention center. There are some cool galleries, museums, shops and bars nearby. The hotel does provide a shuttle if you want to go a bit further away or go shopping and buy lots of stuff in the Strip.

Also, the rooms are very quiet. No thumpy neighbors or slamming doors have bothered me at all. If you are on the street side, there may be some traffic noise, but it's not bad and worth it for a nice city view. The beds were quite comfy. There's also a real outdoor "courtyard" area and a exercise room.

The only minor drawback would be the coffee shop cafe in the lobby is only open for breakfast. It would be nice to get coffee or a snack at other times of the day without having to resort to a pricey restaurant or outside place. Also, the parking situation isn't the best (I use valet parking anyway) but could be a whole lot worse, so I'm not complaining. That's just something you have the deal with for the luxury of being in the convenient heart of the city.

I know i'm gushing, but I really have enjoyed this place that much!

Room Tip: You can ask for a city view, if you can get it, it's worth it.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

MintTripper,
We appreciate being your preferred hotel when traveling to Pittsburgh and we thank you for writing a review. Your praise regarding our property, staff and cleanliness highlight our core objective in providing exceptional guest experiences. Your feedback is important to us and assists in our mission to continuously improve our offerings. It’s wonderful to know you consistently enjoy a comfortable stay and we look forward to your next visit. Thank you again for your review and continued patronage.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Previous reviews had mentioned Zack: he was every bit as friendly and helpful as others had mentioned. He put both of us right at ease. The hotel was in a great location. It was a bit of a walk to the strip district esp with it being so bitter cold. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Jean S,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown. I appreciate you recognizing Zach's exemplary customer service and I look forward to commending his extra efforts in hospitality that put you at ease during your stay. We're glad you would return for another visit and we hope to see you again soon. Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Best service in any Courtyard I have stayed in. This is a small intimate boutique hotel even though it's a chain. Zac at the front desk is amazing. He remembered me from previous stay without looking at his computer and went out of his way to assist me. All that plus location in the heart of the cultural district you never have to drive for great food or entertainment! A must stay!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Joserappe,
Thank you for your complimentary review and return visit with us at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown. I appreciate you taking the time to recognize Zac’s sincere hospitality. He will be thrilled to know his efforts in service had a positive impact on your experience. We hope you’ll return for another visit and continue to acquaint yourself with all the entertainment and dining options that our area has to offer. Thanks again.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

I stayed here for a girls weekend in the city. The hotel was perfect for us. We had three rooms, all very big which was nice for hanging out together. The beds were comfortable and everything was clean and in good condition. The shuttle service was very convenient and the drivers were all very friendly. The valet parking was not very efficient though. It seemed like maybe they were short staffed because there was never anyone at the stand and it always took a really long time to find anyone or to get your car. I also had some issues with street noise that made sleeping a little difficult, but I'm a light sleeper

Room Tip: If noise is an issue for you, ask for a higher floor or for something facing the courtyard rather than the street.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

noodlenj,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown. We're pleased to hear our hotel was perfect for your girls weekend and we're glad everyone enjoyed a comfortable stay. I appreciate your feedback and apologize for any inconveniences you experienced with the valet service and street noise. We enjoyed your company and hope you'll plan another visit with us again in the future. Thank you again for writing.