Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown
  • Pool
US$224
US$204
  • Pool
Omni William Penn Hotel(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
US$158
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
US$253
US$163
  • Restaurant
Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
US$122
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Place Pittsburgh-North Shore(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
US$137
Doubletree.com
US$161
Hyatt.com
  • Breakfast included
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh North Shore(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
US$117
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshigh ceilingsconvention centercultural districtpenn avenuegreat locationpnc parktypical courtyardcourtyard marriottvalet parkingfront deskacross the streetwithin walking distancevalet serviceheinz fieldsteelers gamebars and restaurantsperfect stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is a basic Courtyard-nothing special. The rooms are the "standard" courtyard style rooms, and bathrooms are standard. The beds were not the best (seem to be older beds, and not yet upgraded). Room was clean, and staff was friendly. Parking was Valet only, but with in and out privileges. The view from my 6th floor room of the interior courtyard was terrible, as you could look directly into several other room windows.

Having said that..

Great location next to the Convention Center, so if that is what you are in town for then this is beyond convenient. Only about a 3 minute walk. Plenty of dining options near by (strip district is walkable). But if you are in the mood for good quick food and a beer, walk steps across the street to "August Henry's" for great menu selection and cheap cold beer.

Room Tip: Ask for any room other than a courtyard view..
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear danNH347,

I’m glad you enjoyed our location and friendly service. Reflections like yours highlight what we are doing well and give us areas to improve our guest experience. Thank you for your time in reviewing your stay, and we hope to host you again soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

The room was big and nicely designed, the staff friendly and pleasant while professional and efficient, there was a really nice upscale bar and restaurant next door, almost everything was great. The only exception is the parking which is impossible in that area of town I guess - there was valet parking but it got very congested and lengthy waits at busy times.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view otherwise you'll see a wall!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Stephan S,

I’m so glad you enjoyed our modern hotel and professional service! Reflections like yours highlight what we are doing well and give us areas to improve our guest experience. Thank you for your time in reviewing your stay, and we hope to host you again soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

My daughter and I spent 3 nights at the Courtyard and for the most part were pleased. However, for the money there was no hotel bar, no pool, no complimentary breakfast, and really the bistro was not equipped to handle the # of guests made to order breakfast which costs extra. Very expensive and they raised my room rates by $100 for each of the last 2 nights of our stay. Even though that is their prerogative I came away with just a feeling of being gouged. You can do just as well as this hotel in Pittsburgh for a lot less money..............

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Hal A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that we fell short of meeting your expectations. Your feedback is very important to us and I hope we will have an opportunity to host you in the future.

Chris Burke,

Reviewed 11 August 2014

My future husband and I visited the Courtyard over his birthday weekend. We had tickets to the Pirate game and planned on going out after wards for some drinks. First of all every single person who worked there was NICE. The maintenance guy, the lobby clerks, and especially the valet guys! Every one was nice, smiled, said hello. If they didn't truly enjoy their jobs they did a very good act to convince us other wise. If you are going to a pirate game and want to stay over, I recommend this hotel! It was about a 10-12 min walk to PNC Park and there are lovely restaurants and bars along the way. While this is not in the busy night life part of Pittsburgh there are at least 4 bars/restaurants directly across the street from the hotel. We had Dinner at Emporio. It was different but across the street so easy. Our waiter was careless and the menu is a little odd. You basically build your own plate of food. BUT they had a great beer selection and vegan options (huge plus from me) and the fried pickles were the bomb. After the game (we lost booo!) We had a drink at August Henry's a nice little quiet restaurant/ bar. Very basic. No Specials. We then hopped over to Sevinche ( spelling?) Again both of these were across the street from the hotel. This place was lovely. they were serving food I think all night, they had a $5 late happy hour and tasty drinks. Our Bartender, Emily. WAS FANTASTIC! She was nice, fast and made our drinks every time. If you go there I recommend you visit her.
Our room was Clean, big and actually smelled nice. I have a good nose so I am picky about how rooms smell. I have no complaints except that you have to pay to park. We chose the lot right next to the building a nice little older man ran it. It was $25.00 for the night. We chose this for convenience.Our truck was fine, the lot was well lit and next to the convention center. If we have to stay over night in Pittsburgh around this area again I will book at the Courtyard. Such a Beautiful and pleasant place! :)

Room Tip: We had a room on the 9th floor facing the back of the building. It was very quiet!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Jelaina P,

We appreciate you taking the time to review your experience. Our team understands and believes that our guests deserve a pleasant stay and we continue to seek new ways to impress. I will be sure to share your nice comments with our associates; they work hard to deliver superior service. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed one night in courtyard Downtown. Staff was excellent and easy to find behind convention center. Location is excellent. Room was clean, well appointed and well maintained. The whole hotel was well maintained and clean. Valet staff was pleasant when dropping off, staff at desk was very nice at checking staff in Bistro was excellent. Nice find in Pittsburg- highly recommend. Go Pats!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Paul B,

We're happy to hear from you, and we're glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown. We appreciate knowing that you liked our clean and modern rooms as well as our location. Please plan to visit us again!