“Great hotel!”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #38 of 72 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed 30 December 2013

So glad I chose this hotel. I was deciding between here and something closer to downtown (for alot more money of course), but I was so happy with this choice. Less expensive, but literally about 5 minutes driving from downtown. Was in town over night for the Pittsburgh Steelers game. Hotel is very close to Heinz Field and very easy to get there and back. Easy to find when mapping out directions, good location/area. Check-in was very easy and pleasant...front desk staff was very friendly and helpful! Hotel was very clean and nice looking. Room was clean, roomy, king size bed very comfy. Heat worked well, bathroom was clean & good shower. Complimentary breakfast served from 6-9, was very good....sausage, eggs, waffles, toast, pastries, cereal, coffee, juices, milk. I would definitely stay at this hotel again when visiting Pittsburgh next time!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank kel4377

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you both for staying with us and also for your kind remarks. We value your business and are very appreciative of your support. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed 27 December 2013

The Comfort Inn on McKnight is very convenient to getting to the city, and all the shopping in North Hills. They have a nice breakfast buffet in morning, with hot eggs and sausage, waffles, and cereals. The place is clean and comfortable. You can hear the road noise a little for lite sleepers, but it never bothered me. Also has an small gym which I like.

Room Tip: Away from highway if your a lite clipper
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JohnHaymarket

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you both for staying with us and also for your kind remarks. We value your business and are very appreciative of your support. Glad to read that you enjoyed our breakfast!

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights while visiting pittsburgh area. Was on a tour from New Jersey, so did not have a choice. Would have enjoyed visit more if I was closer to city. Hotel, however, was clean and room was adequate. The staff was not especially attentive to needs.

1  Thank Jane Z

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you both for staying with us and also for your kind remarks. We value your business and are very appreciative of your support. I apologize for the issue you had with our staff, I have addressed the issue you with them. Hopefully you will return, so they can show you their improvement!

Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed here overnight here on our way to Florida. It was a handy place to stop en route. The hotel was located on the outskirts of the city and it wasn't the easiest place to find in the dark.
Once inside the hotel seemed pretty good. We checked in and made our way to our room. The room was clean, spacious and good value for the money.
There are a few places to eat along the main road but downtown isn't far either. There was plenty of parking too.
The breakfast was ok too in the morning. Eggs, bacon, bagels, waffles the usual. Space was limited but you can take it back to your room if you want.
So in a nutshell decent place to sleep, good breakfast and decent price!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tim B

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you both for staying with us and also for your kind remarks. We value your business and are very appreciative of your support. Glad to hear our property was perfect for you!

Reviewed 10 November 2013

My friend and I spent 2 nights here and I have to say it was very good. Room was available early, reception offered to help take bags up to our room (friend was in a wheelchair so may have been why) rooms were spacious, clean and it was in a great location to access the city centre. There was free parking which was a huge bonus. The gym was a bit limited, but again its a comfort inn, however the equipment provided was clean and in good working order. Breakfast was a bit basic again, eggs, sausage, waffles, but for the price you are paying it was good value. There was also free wifi, again another benefit. I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Ketan P, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you both for staying with us and also for your kind remarks. We value your business and are very appreciative of your support. Glad you enjoyed your stay with us, hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We found the hotel hard to get to via driveway and the hotel is on the top of the hill and the parking is very difficult. If you have any trouble walking or a handicap I wouldn't recommend it, also because they only have 2 handicap parking spaces that are on top of the hill. The hotel room seemed modern and clean. Being short I had a hard time getting into bed because the bed was on a platform and the mattress very high. The breakfast items were laid out nice but when I told the girl attendant about the eggs being cold, she just walked over and stirred them a little and walked away, like that would make them hot??!! When she wasn't attending to the breakfast, which was not much, she was playing on the computer and she even kept her "dirty" clean up rag laying on the mouse pad, UGH!! She didn't seem very interested in her job. The girl at the front desk had a hard time checking us in and checking us out and didn't seem very "trained". She also wasn't very pleasant. I am glad we only stayed one night and we will not be going back to that hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Catherine H

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us. We value your business. I apologize for the issues you had regarding our hotel and our staff. I have addressed the issues, and hope you will reconsider returning so we can show you our improvements!

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Having stayed at this hotel once before, I was expecting more. The building is newer, but it seems to be deteriorating quickly. There were what appeared to be blood stains on the pillow cases and the vent in the bathroom looked like it had not been cleaned since the hotel was opened (See Photos). Asked the staff about a late checkout and was answered with "We don't do that". I know this is not true because they had no problem with it last time. when I mentioned this to her, she said she will "write it down" and had a bad attitude about it (seemed like she just did not want to inconvenience herself). For the price, I will be spending the extra $10 a night next time and staying at the Hampton Inn next door.

Room Tip: Corner Rooms are Bigger
3  Thank Chicagoman88

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and also for your feedback. We value your business. We offer late check out when it is available, unfortunately some days it is not available. I want to apologize for how the front desk attendant handled that issue with you though. Thank you for bringing the issues you had to my attention.