“Best ice cream in town”

The Milk Shake Factory
Ranked #4 of 56 Dessert in Pittsburgh
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Description: Urbanspoon and Yelp already have reviews for this establishment.
Description: Urbanspoon and Yelp already have reviews for this establishment.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Their milkshake, ice cream and chocolates are great! Service is fast. I will def come back. I like their happy hours; every Wednesday 4-6pm - half off!

1  Thank eileen572

Reviewed 9 April 2014

This place is like a Godiva shop. It has a chocolate-filled counter where you can pick and choose your chocolates (they have very interesting ones) and even a shelf with prepackaged gift boxes and galore. My favorite part of it is the milkshake! There's a board filled with different flavors of milkshakes and though the line may get long in the summer, they work quickly. The price isn't bad and the milkshake is big and of great quality. The place is pretty small, so it's hard to find a seat to sit at during the summer.

Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

I have loved every milkshake so far! Their seasonal Spooky Spice milkshake is to die for! Service is always good and fast and i enjoy their happy hours every Wednesday 4-6 is half off!

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I had always liked the Milkshake factory before our LAST visit. We had just ordered our two milkshakes, when a mother and her child returned a milkshake that they had both been drinking from to the counter. She said her child did not like it, and to make it more palatable for her (the mother), she wanted vanilla ice cream and some other ingredients added to it. To our surprise, the server took the plastic lid off their drink and proceeded to pour it back into a metal milkshake canister, holding it right over the open bins of ice cream. She added a couple scoops of ice cream and at that point I asked, “you're not going to put that milkshake that they have been drinking from back onto the blender are you?” I told her I did not agree with that and she said that while she could see my point, and it was not a common practice, she was going to do it “just as a favor to her”. The immersion blender parts that hang down might be rinsed off, but are not sanitized between milkshakes, and she could not even seem to find any sanitizer around that she could use when we talked about that. I was surprised neither of the other two employees said anything even when we said we would no longer want our milkshakes if she did it. I then proceeded to contact the owners, hoping for an assurance that this was not an approved practice and that they would take corrective actions to make sure it did not happen again, but after a week, no one has gotten back to me. Thus, I have to assume that either they do not care or she might be part of the higher management. If they made the milkshake wrong, they should just start over with fresh ingredients, and if the customer is just picky, they should still have a policy that is sanitary, rather than doing “favors” for certain people. Needless to say, we both lost our appetite for milkshakes from this place.

2  Thank CC94
Reviewed 24 September 2013

The "restaurant" is very small so finding a place to sit inside on a hot summer day is challenging. However, the desserts, milkshakes, and candy selection absolutely make up for that. The milkshakes are hand made so they take a little while to make, but that is what makes the quality so amazing. Additionally, the staff keeps everything very clean and they are super friendly.