“Super Friendly and Welcoming Place”
Review of Not Another Hostel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pittsburgh
Not Another Hostel
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I stayed with Jon at NAH for 5 nights while attending a conference in Pittsburgh. I have to say I wasn't sure about the concept in the beginning, especially as I have never heared of anythink comparable before. Now, having stayed there I can say it was a great experience. The neoghbourhood is super friendly and the bus heading downtown stops 2 minutes away from the house, by foot. Overall, I have to say it was the best hostel experience I have ever had...having stayed in hostels around the world. In my opinion this is based on two aspects. First, Jon is a great host. Very friendly, great to talk to and lots of intersting stories to tell. Second, the small size provides for a very personal atmosphere. You feel like at home, just that you're not ;)
I can only recommend it to friendly and open minded people from around the world!

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Lars K

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Jon was great and took us in short notice. He showed us around the neighborhood, including bowling down the street. There's some great bars walking distance. The house is very organized and pretty clean (there were a bunch of boys staying there- I'm a girl, so its as clean as being in a house full of boys gets, though Jon assured me at any given time there can be girls there also). He lent us bikes to tour around Pittsburgh, which worked out great- the car parking downtown can suck. He was an awesome host with a unique concept, and I wish him the best of luck.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Erika R
Reviewed 13 October 2012

This hostel is brand new, just started a month before we came there. Jon and Steph were amazing - really made us feel welcome. We were there just for a night on Monday, but Jon got some friends together and took us up to the Top of the Cathedral of Learning at Pitt for amazing views. They also did fajitas. It is just donation based, and we wanted to do more. The hostel was pretty close, but for the most part you need a car to get around to the major sights from there. The rooms were spacious and clean. i would definitely recommend staying there!

Room Tip: Great value!