“A sophisticated, homestyle Italian restaurant”

Mia Madre Trattoria
Ranked #447 of 2,160 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Stafford, Virginia
“A sophisticated, homestyle Italian restaurant”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I chose this place based on reviews from Yelp, Urbanspoon and Pittsburgh Magazine. They were totally right. My family and my wife's family had my post-graduation celebratory dinner here. The staff was pleasant and attentive with our party of 6 with 10 month old infant. And no one batted an eye when the power suddenly went out right after we ordered. Thankfully it was restored quickly and everyone carried on. The ambiance was cozy and inviting, like eating at my Italian grandma's house. The menu was varied and all delicious! Pasta, chicken, fish or veal all were great. The deserts were no less exceptional. The only odd thing was they take cash exclusively.

Bottom line: If you are looking for a classy, Italian restaurant this is the place. Would definitely dine here again.

1 Thank Brtst11

“Anniversary dinner”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Went to Mia Madre's for the first time for our 21st wedding anniversary. We sat in a bar window table and had a great food experience complete with meeting Alex our server and Shari and Al the owners. Stuff peppers were exceptional followed by chicken Romano and veal with peppers. Looking forward to going back.

1 Thank JohnnyDJ18
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“BEST italian food in Pittsburgh”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This restaurant is tucked away in the little suburban town of Avalon. This place is a gem! Family run and it shows. True hospitality all the way around. Feels like you are eating in someone house. The food is EXCELLENT! The service is FANTASTIC! Do yourself a favor a visit Mia Madre. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Pittsburgh_Don
“Great little place”
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I went here the other night. We really enjoyed our visit. We sat in the bar area at a high top table. I ordered the shrimp parm and my girlfriend ordered eggplant parm, both of which were outstanding. We both had house salads and the bread sticks, both of which were kind of bland. The service was good and the atmosphere was unique. It is a very small place so make sure you have a reservation. We intend to go back because the food is very good. It is cash only.

1 Thank Christopher J
Uummannaq, Greenland
“It Was Like Grandma Was In The Kitchen”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

The first thing I'd like to say is it isn't just BYOB. They have a full bar. Weekday special...$50 got us a carafe of wine, two meals of our choosing, including daily specials, and two desserts. Tasty and economical! The gnocci took me back to supers at grandma's. Sherri, the owner, came over to the table with complimentary liqueur shots and sat with us like we were all old friends. The whole experience was top notch. They have an outdoor deck which is a new feature.

• Visited April 2014