“Business & Birthday”

Giovanni's Pizza Dormont
Ranked #544 of 2,305 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed 12 November 2015 via mobile

Great food!! We would come back again if we were local!! Carbonara with penne pasta, meatballs, roadhouse chicken, shells & salads.

1  Thank Gage113

Reviewed 16 May 2015

We traveled to Pittsburgh for Mothers Day and decided to check out this restaurant based on photos I had found online during my search of good Italian restaurants in the area. The subs looked amazing. We ordered penne with meatballs and OMG the portion was HUGE!!! We also ordered a meatball sub and I was very pleased with it. They make the meatballs there, no frozen soy balls and they are huge. We got a pizza to go but of course had to sample it before we left. I was not impressed with the pizza. Being raised on the east coast and eating real Italian made pizza all my life, I was so disappointed that they used mozzarella AND provolone on their pizza. Provolone just ruins it. If you're looking for a 5 star restaurant, don't stop because its far from that inside. Not the cleanest place, but I never seen anything that would prevent me from going back if I were ever in the area again (actually craving their meatball sub as I write this LOL). Service was very fast and friendly. After we finished eating, they brought a plate of 4 chocolates to our table for free and said "Happy Mother's Day"!! How kind and thoughtful!! Yes, there is a case inside where they sell delicious chocolates that they make.

1  Thank 19Pink69
Reviewed 14 February 2015

I eat gluten free so I will travel for good gf food. Someone had recommended this place and it is well worth the hour drive for me! It is a small pizza&pasta restaurant that also does delivery and catering. They have the best gf pizza, pasta and hoagies! I never know what to get and usually end up ordering two meals....one to eat there and one to eat the next day at home. The non gf meals are all deliciously awesome as well! The service is fantastic! It is a MUST if you are in the area. It's very casual, no frills, just delicious food! On your way out be sure to beta box of their homemade chocolates....they are out of the world!

1  Thank dazeekr
Reviewed 18 October 2014

I'm not sure if this restaurant is owned by the same people who run the Giovanni's downtown. They have different websites but the food is equally awesome in both locations.

The pizza is definitely one of the best I've ever had. The pasta dishes are equally good. The Chicken Carbonara is amazing!

My wife needs to eat gluten free and my friends wife is gluten free and dairy free. They work with both of them and came up with some fantastic options. We continue to go back for the great food and service. It may not be fancy, but don't let that fool you.

1  Thank Kevin H
Reviewed 25 May 2014

My boyfriend and I visited here before a Pirates game. When I first saw the pizza I was disappointed because it was thin and I prefer thick pizza. But holy cow..do not judge a book by it's cover!! This pizza was excellent! We are from the Youngstown, Ohio area and we eat a lot of great pizza. Giovanni's could definitely compete with what we're used to. The dough tasted homemade and the sauce and cheese combination is great! Not to mention, the prices are great as well! I definitely recommend this place

1  Thank Kmmicco