“Off the hook pizza ”

Giovanni's Pizza Dormont
Ranked #545 of 2,305 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed 9 March 2016 via mobile

My wife and I stumbled on this place when we were looking for a place to eat and were kinda lost. When we arrived, we seated ourselves and were quickly given a menu. We ordered water and cheese bread. We didn't realize that every table receives an order of garlic bread with a butter dipping sauce when you order in. The garlic bread was good and the sauce was also very tasty. We then received our order of the cheese bread which was like a giant stuffed crust. It was filled with mozzarella and the top was sprinkled with parmesean cheese. It was so fresh, hot, flakey, and the marinara dipping sauce was awesome. It was the best cheese bread we've ever had. We also ordered the medium Chicken, ranch, bacon pizza. This was the best pizza we've ever had. It was so flavorful and full of toppings. It was also so filling. What we ordered could have easily fed a family of 4 or 5. We only ate 2 1/2 slices of the 8 slice pizza and brought home half our cheese bread. There was only one sever for 3 different tables. She was great and so friendly. I also ordered the black cherry soda. That was also awesome and refreshing. I will definitely come back here again if I'm in the area.

1  Thank Mark S

Reviewed 19 February 2016 via mobile

Ordered for dinner. We had the spinach and feta and added chicken. Best pizza I had in a very long time.
A must have if you are visiting this area!

1  Thank KersTin C
Reviewed 12 November 2015 via mobile

Great food!! We would come back again if we were local!! Carbonara with penne pasta, meatballs, roadhouse chicken, shells & salads.

1  Thank Gage113
Reviewed 16 May 2015

We traveled to Pittsburgh for Mothers Day and decided to check out this restaurant based on photos I had found online during my search of good Italian restaurants in the area. The subs looked amazing. We ordered penne with meatballs and OMG the portion was HUGE!!! We also ordered a meatball sub and I was very pleased with it. They make the meatballs there, no frozen soy balls and they are huge. We got a pizza to go but of course had to sample it before we left. I was not impressed with the pizza. Being raised on the east coast and eating real Italian made pizza all my life, I was so disappointed that they used mozzarella AND provolone on their pizza. Provolone just ruins it. If you're looking for a 5 star restaurant, don't stop because its far from that inside. Not the cleanest place, but I never seen anything that would prevent me from going back if I were ever in the area again (actually craving their meatball sub as I write this LOL). Service was very fast and friendly. After we finished eating, they brought a plate of 4 chocolates to our table for free and said "Happy Mother's Day"!! How kind and thoughtful!! Yes, there is a case inside where they sell delicious chocolates that they make.

1  Thank 19Pink69
Reviewed 14 February 2015

I eat gluten free so I will travel for good gf food. Someone had recommended this place and it is well worth the hour drive for me! It is a small pizza&pasta restaurant that also does delivery and catering. They have the best gf pizza, pasta and hoagies! I never know what to get and usually end up ordering two meals....one to eat there and one to eat the next day at home. The non gf meals are all deliciously awesome as well! The service is fantastic! It is a MUST if you are in the area. It's very casual, no frills, just delicious food! On your way out be sure to beta box of their homemade chocolates....they are out of the world!

1  Thank dazeekr