“Great food, great setting, and great service in a unique place”

Flowers in the Attic
Ranked #119 of 2,160 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dublin, Ireland
“Great food, great setting, and great service in a unique place”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This is a great place for brunch. The food was delicious and the service was great. I really like flavored coffee and they happen to have it on hand and made a fresh pot just for me. Its a unique setting with an antique yet cozy feel. Each room doubles as a little shop for home decor, jewelry or luxury lotions and more so you can shop while you wait for others to arrive or while waiting for your food. I went with my boyfriend and its was great for the two of us but I noticed that they can easily accommodate groups of friends with their many rooms and larger tables. I usually struggle to find a restaurant that can comfortably seat my whole friend group so can't wait to go back and bring the whole gang.

• Visited March 2014

“Pleasant surprise”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I was invited to Flowers in the Attic by a friend and we had a lovely time. The home is a beautiful; restoration of a Victorian. The atmosphere was charming, warm and cozy. I arrived earlier than my group and enjoyed walking around and exploring the items for sale. I got the Fall Vegetable Strata (one of the specials) and the Pumpkin Soup. The presentation of the food was executed well. The soup was incredible! It was topped with pecans, apple compote and creme. Just the right mix of sweet and savory. I didn't care for the Strata and was left wishing I had ordered something else. To be honest it just wasn't what I expected. The others women enjoyed their meals but I noticed that my friend who got the Strata left hers relatively untouched as well. Based on the soup and the atmosphere I would try it again if I was in the area.

• Visited September 2013
Murrysville, Pennsylvania
“Do not get sucked into their offers.”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I used to be a steady customer,however the last 2 times I went I tried to use the Groupon to take my 4 sisters to Tea. What I already paid $38.00 for turned out to have another $84.00 added it to it so that I was not embarrassed by the portion that was presented.Not including tax and tip,which I paid against my better judgement. When Ken was there and not traveling abroad so much everything was great. Now,It sucks. The chef is rude and the service was horrible.Nice place,however not nice to you. On my LAST trip,last week I had a Restaurant offer to use. It said does not expire when I purchased it. I gave it to the chef,who also is in charge and she threw it back at me. Refused to even look at it and told me if I had a problem with it I should contact Restaurant.com. It was only $10.00. My bill was $70.00 for 3 lunches.Two had an iced tea,one water and three sandwiches,one dessert. I will never go back. Not the cost,the principal.

• Visited July 2013
4 Thank 831dissappointed
, Owner at Flowers in the Attic, responded to this review, 25 July 2015
Hi,
I am so sorry you seem to have such a difficult time. I am not on here as often as I should be but seeing this review leaves me with too many questions... I really wish you would have called and talk to me directly shortly after you were here. That way I would have been able to tell you what was going on. The only thing I can say about the offers that people are buy is to make sure you read and know what you are buying. From what I can tell you bought a Groupon for $38 the balance of your check should have been the tax plus the gratuity. Unless the Groupon is expired at which point you get what you paid off the bill. Groupon has a scanner that tell us what the Groupon is worth. If the service was bad then you should have called and talked to me personally. If the service is bad there is no way I would expect the customer to pay a gratuity.
The last thing I can see is the Restaurant.com coupon. Back in 2009 we worked with Restaurant.com and after a year realized this was not going to work for us. We canceled with restaurant.com in late 2009 and excepted the coupon even thought they continued to sell them to people. Finally I had to threaten restaurant.com with legal action is they continued to sell the for use at Flowers in the Attic. Finally I accepted the coupon until mid 2011 at which time I told them we would no longer accept them after 2011.. We had a sign on our door most of 2011 through 2012. The thing that people need to remember is they can get their money back from restaurant.com. We never received any monetary compensation from Restaurant.com ever. They make their money selling these coupons. I myself had purchased a few for other restaurants in the city. Then I soon realized most of the restaurants were dropping out of the program. I don't blame the restaurant for not accepting them any more because I know the rest of the story.
Edinboro, Pennsylvania
“This place is special”
Reviewed 16 April 2013

The food here is so good that I would visit again based on that alone. Today I had a Tuscan salad and portobello salad and both were just delicious. An iced peach tea and decadent raspberry dessert rounded out a wonderful meal. But Flowers In The Attic is so much more! From the parking lot, you feel special. We were greeted by staff who were outside tending to porch furniture and plants. We browsed a quaint flower shop then went inside for our lunch. There we were greeted by an efficient hostess and friendly wait staff. And after our meal we wandered around the old home, looking at beautiful household items, jewelry and more. If you want to feel special -- or treat someone special -- this is the place.

• Visited April 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
“Best Unique Venue in the Area”
Reviewed 12 April 2013

I have been visiting Flowers in the Attic for over a decade, and it is absolutely my favorite place to eat lunch and relax in Pittsburgh. The home is a beautiful, restored, turn-of-the-century Victorian with lots of charm and character. In addition to dining, they offer an on-site gift shop and well known floral shop. My favorite spot is the huge wrap around porch. I sit there after a long week, have a gourmet meal and just relax. My favorite thing about the place is the staff; they actually remember me and my family by name each time we come in and even bring out my favorite beverage without asking. We have all of our special events here and they always make them special. I bring my elderly grandma here a lot who has trouble getting around and they are always great about accommodating here at her favorite luncheon spot. All-in-all, I would highly recommend Flowers in the Attic, it is such a special and unique place that you are sure to enjoy!

• Visited April 2013