“Best burgers ever... ”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch
Neighbourhood: Bloomfield
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

This place is a must in the 'Burgh. The food is excellent and my order has always been made exactly as requested. I gave them 5/5 because the food is that good and the prices are great. I will caution that one of their hostesses is a bit rude and abrasive. She says all of the right things (sir, ma'am, thank you), but her tone and demeanor need some serious work. I think she's the owner's sister, so maybe that's why she's less concerned with her approach. This point aside, this place is still a must and I promise you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 6 March 2014

My wife and I got to Tessaro's early Friday evening. What a wonderful find. We each had the Steak Salad. The sauteed mushrooms, onions, potatoes placed on the greens and then topped with the steak had a great blending of flavors. They provide a salad dressing but it isn't needed. The small back room with the fireplace made us feel warm and comfortable. Worth any wait.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

We dined here in January with friends and had a really good time. The burgers are huge and flavorful. I had the barbecue bacon burger which was fantastic. My wife had the reuben burger and was disappointed with the quality and flavor. Drinks are pricey here, beware. Also, it gets crowded here quick! Get there before 6 for sure if you want to avoid waiting.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

The only thing that I did not like in this place is that they do not seat you if your party is incomplete (even for one person). We had to wait there for 15 minutes even though there are available tables. Their entrance is very small plus they do not seat people and it is getting really crowded. It is ridiculous. I understand if we have a reservation for a group of people but it was not the case. I think this restaurant needs to remember what customer service is. Patrons need to be courteous to their guests.

Best burger in Pittsburgh. I got medium well cheeseburger. It was juicy but not pink. It was tasty.

1  Thank eileen572
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Finally got a chance to stop here. Funky atmosphere but dark inside. We requested a lighted area and we got one (closer to a serving station so we got to watch the action) Smelled great inside. I got a cheeseburger. 1/2 lb. of grilled meat, provolone on a great bun with the fixin's. I cut it in 1/2, not intending to wolf the entire thing but it was not to be helped. Red skin potato salad was really great, as our server recommended. Would love to come back for the steak. I believe they really get great beef in here. It was a bit pricey but for food that tasty, I'll pay it. Service at first was a bit slow but it improved. Enjoyed the murals on the wall. Found a place to park pretty close by also.