“First class food and service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mallorca Restaurant

Mallorca Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Mallorca Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 2,141 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Southside Flats
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“First class food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

If you've never been to a first class restaurant, you have to visit Mallorca on the Southside of Pittsburgh. I recommend lunchtime during the week since they are less crowded with no wait times. The food has always been great. Although expensive the servings are large and the wait staff are more than attentive attending to your every need. Bread and drinks seem to be never ending. Weekends on the Southside can be crowded though.

• Visited March 2014

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Terrible and filthy”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Used to be a regular customer and remained loyal despite the fact that this place has truly been on the decline for years. Then I had a truly unforgivable experience. My boyfriend and I ordered three courses and found hair in our appetizer. We politely told the manager, I was pregnant and just could not overlook this. The manager acted defensive and said he couldn't see the hair that was obviously there and did not resemble our hair in color or length. The manager reluctantly replaced the appetizer and we could not believe it when we saw a hair very obviously and deliberately placed on top so as to ensure its discovery. We found hair in every single dish, I can only assume as punishment for complaining about the initial, accidental hair. We are polite diners and we felt threatened so we ate the $90 and got out of there, never, ever to return. Oh, and what we ate of the food was about what you'd get at Red Lobster.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Jazzy8307
New York City, New York
“Not what I expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Not really I expected. But over all the service was great and the food was ok as well. I would give it a shot at least once before you take my review to heart.

Visited March 2014
Saxonburg, Pennsylvania
“Marvelous Meal!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Had been meaning to go out to dinner with a friend of mine. She had never been to Mallorca Restaurant soooooo.............. Yesterday afternoon we arrived and it was perfect!!!!
I had the appetizer of octopus flown in from Spain and the Chilean Sea Bass, she had the Portobella Mushrooms and Wild Boar. All were on the "specials" menu. The appetizers were sized to almost be a meal in themselves. Food was delicious!! The house Sangrai
was fabulous. Enters are served with family styled steamed veggies, Spanish potatoes and rice. Rice was a bit salty, but I don;t use salt.... Otherwise, Excellent, Excellent!!! Thanks for a marvelous meal and perfect wait staff.

• Visited April 2014
Morgantown, West Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Different and good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

This was a different dining experience. Had the Sangria, it was yummy! I had the Paella for my dinner and it was very good. The seafood was prepared very well. I would definitely go back. The waiter did an awesome job at remembering a long list of specials and service was good. Good place to dine.

• Visited March 2014