“The Best!”

Ranked #12 of 2,155 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Southside Flats
New Hampshire
“The Best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2012 via mobile

I love this place. Always a must when I visit Pittsburgh. The sandwiches are huge and delicious. They are always on a wait. They will take your cell phone so you can go to neighboring bars while you wait. They have a bar, but it is always packed. The beer selection is great. Average wait on a Saturday night is 1 hour plus. We got there at 5pm on a Saturday and it was a 90 minute wait. That's was they told us, and it was very accurate. I recommend to anyone who enjoys good beer and good food.

Harleysville, Pennsylvania
“Ver y Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2012

Although my group did take out, the food was very good and w as plentiful. They did 30 sandwich platters to go in under 45 minutes. It was filled with customers so I know the decision was a good one. This area is a college town and is filled with the younger crowd. It's located on Carson Street which has dozens of restaurants and bars. Traffic is heavy especially on weekend nights but worth it.

Buffalo, NY
“Beers and more Beers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

Loved the food, busy on Saturday afternoon. Too stuffed on hot peppers and artichoke dip to try the headwiches...Have a bloody mary if you are there early enough-AWESOME!

McKeesport, Pennsylvania
“My top choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

Anytime my husband and I are going out to eat especially in the city we choose Fat Heads. The food is fantastic. I love the turkey mushroom melt it is like heaven. The hamburgers are also the best which makes it hard to decide what to get. The chips you get with the sandwhiches are so great with honey mustard. The beer selection is great and there is something for everyone. I am getting hungry just writing this review.

The only negative is the wait but I go there knowing I will have to wait an hour so I really dont' get mad. Obviously you are waiting for something good so its worth it. We usually just go to Casey's and have a beer since its a little less crowded and you can sit.

If you visit Pittsburgh or just live here, this is a must stop.

• Visited September 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“Busy place for a Wed. night.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2012

Stopped in on a Wed. night and had to wait about 30 min. for a table for 2... we figured that was a good sign. Once seated the waitress was friendly and the food was good. Typical pub fare on a large menu and beer list. We would eat here again.