“I love this place”

Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Southside Flats
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This place is simply great. The food is really good. The portions are huge. Most of the sandwiches are served with home made potato chips, which are excellent. I ordered a steak sandwich - like a Philly cheese steak - and it was excellent. I took half and had another meal the next day. Staff is friendly and helpful. Service quick but not rushed. Try the wings. They are excellent too. I don't live in Pittsburgh but I make it a point to dine here when possible. Enjoy!

Reviewed 30 October 2013

This place is a regular stop for me when I make it to the South Side. With such a varied and vast menu coupled with over 40 beers on tap plus countless others the pairings are endless. You have to keep going back to try new combinations. The staff is knowledgable of the menu and beer list, so take advantage. They will certainly help accentuate your meal with the proper beverage pairing, just ask. Although the menu is bar style food - sandwiches, burgers, apps, etc- the clever names and novel recipes give you plenty to be curious about. Within such a large menu quality may get lost, but it doesn't. I try something new each time I go. It's cooked well and service is solid. I always enjoy my time at Fatheads.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

On a recent trip back to Pittsburgh, I had to make a decision to eat at a fancy restaurant or go to Fat Heads, one of my old favorites. I chose Fatheads and wasn't disappointed. Still one of my favorites anywhere in the country. Huge portions and outstanding door and house brews. Love this place. Parmesan hot wings are the best I've ever eaten.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I have eaten here several times and have never been disappointed. The food is awesome and the portions are HUGE! For the true experience you have to get a Headwich. I have tried the Artery Clogger, Beauty and the Beast, and the Double D, all of which are amazing. If you like beer, this is the place for you--the tap list is large and rotates frequently. The only downside to Fat Head's is that it can sometimes be hard to find parking down in the South Side. Also, if you go later at night the place is packed and you will most likely run into some colorful characters. All that aside, you have to try this place!

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Fat Heads on the South side of the 'Burgh is a great place for a hungry appetite but be warned that the wait can be a little long and the eating area packed. We were squeezed into a small table that barely seated 2 people. Other than the lack of space and wait, the food is quite substantial. Homemade onion rings are a must and the beer list is impressive.