“Fantastic!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Soba Lounge

Soba Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Soba Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #125 of 2,121 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Asian, International, Sushi, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Shadyside
Cross street: College Avenue
Transit: 71C, 75 Ellsworth and the East Busway are all convenient to Soba
Description: Soba is a Pan-Asian restaurant that consistently rates as one of Pittsburgh's finest, with accolades ranging from Best New Restaurant (In Pittsburgh) & Best Restaurant (Pittsburgh Magazine) to Best Martini (Pittsburgh City Paper) & Delicious Design (Pittsburgh Magazine). The menu changes daily, allowing the chef to create signature selections with an Asian influence. The large selection of tempting appetizers are perfect for sharing among your group. Drink specialties include seasonal martinis made with house-infused vodkas. Soba's wine list is recognized by Wine Spectator and has a wine to complement any dinner. Soba is housed in a beautiful, three-story Victorian building on Ellsworth Avenue in Shadyside. The restaurant has an urban/modern Zen garden atmosphere with a spectacular two-story water wall. The restaurant includes a comfortable first floor lounge, several small dining rooms & a rooftop deck.
“Fantastic!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Creative flavors and textures made every dish great, I can not wait to return. I had the copped salad and tuna tartar which was a large, flavorful, satisfying and relatively inexpensive meal.

1 Thank katherine n

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Best meal I've had in Pittsburgh”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

The food here is fabulous and like fine arts. Atmosphere is good, except for a little bit too expensive.

• Visited May 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Fabulous first trip to Soba”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

My first time at Soba was a great first impression. My friends and I were celebrating my birthday and we started our meal with calamari, spicy tuna makiand blue bey mussels. The calamari was one of the best I've ever had. The breading was light and the calamari was cooked perfectly. For my main dish I choice the pad thai and loved it! Just the right amount of food with lots of shrimp and chicken to fill up on. To finish our delicious meal we split the chocolate pretzel stack. It was the topper to our meal. Sweet and salty mixed into one dessert. I loved it!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Great food... Awesome desserts!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

We went for dinner with all the family and everybody loved it!

We took fried calamari, nice and light, seaweed salad really great and sashimi (this one was a bit too small)

Then we shared a curry, lovely and really tasty!

Desserts were awesome... And we didn't expect that from an asian restaurant (that generally doesn't offer such a great dessert selection)

Service really nice and efficient!

Great atmosphere!

Excellent restaurant!

• Visited April 2014
“Perfect Night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

My wife and i celebrated our anniversary at Soba last night and it was a perfect evening. Starting with complimentary valet parking and a warm, inviting decor, Soba continually surprised on the upside. Our server was friendly and yet gave us time to contemplate the exciting menu. With so many tempting choices, selecting an app and entree was difficult. We chose to split a lobster maki, which was superb. I was especially happy that the wasabi packed a punch. I chose a double cut pork chop that came with a wonderful mixture of pork belly, lotus root, miso, mushrooms and baby bok choy. It was terrific, rich in Asian flavors and textures. My wife ordered the duck and loved it, though she was surprised at how spicy it was. My one taste confirmed it's subtle heat, which I really enjoy.
Soba is one of the best restaurants we've eaten in here in Pittsburgh. We will definitely return.

• Visited March 2014