“Old School, Cash-Only Diner”
Review of DeLuca's Diner

DeLuca's Diner
Ranked #20 of 2,188 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Strip District
Description: DeLuca's in the Strip District of Pittsburgh is the original DeLuca's Diner. Our diner is an old fashioned diner that has been in business since 1950. The new owners have owned and operated DeLuca's for over 25 years now maintaining the nostalgic feel and look of the original diner. DeLuca's is located on Penn Avenue, just look for the rooster on top of our building!
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This was my first visit to Deluca's.
The waitstaff was nice and smiley. The place is cash only and an ATM was very close by.
We ordered a basic breakfast, and some items really stood out - the thick homemade Mancini raisin bread toast, the great griddle flavor on the pancakes was very unique, the sausage patties were delicious and juicy. Just average were the home-fries and bacon (little too greasy).
The booths can be uncomfortable long-term, but they are nostalgic.
We did not leave hungry and were satisfied with new experience and our meals.

2  Thank ServiceRater_11
There are newer reviews for DeLuca's Diner

Reviewed 15 June 2014

In Pittsburgh's Strip DIstrict. Great food,large portions at reasonable prices. Wait staff not overly friendly but Ok. Seating is tight. Overall it was good,would go back.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I saw this place on Man Vs Food several years ago and I swore I would get back to eat there. I was glad I did. I went EARLY in the morning just to make sure I got in. I was able to park right on the street there in the strip district and there were plenty of open tables. The French toast is made from bread from a bakery right there in the strip district. The sausage was locally sourced as well. Both were very tasty.

1  Thank Princerman
Reviewed 8 June 2014

De Luca's is a must stop for breakfast within the Strip District of the City. I had an excellent peppers omelet.

2  Thank Dan L
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The eggs for their Eggs Benedict were giant and very flavorful, as was the the rest of the dish. Any pancake or waffle concoction is shear delight and a good buy. Just come hungry --- when you leave, you won't be!

1  Thank SmarterBear