“Great food, great atmosphere”
Review of Elbow Room - CLOSED

Elbow Room
Price range: US$1 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Shadyside
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I love this place. The food, wine, atmosphere, and staff are all wonderful! It is reasonably price and a definite must try if you are in the area. I come here every time I am in Pittsburgh!

There are newer reviews for Elbow Room

Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

A nice mix of bar food and entrees.
Burgers, Charles pasta are both good.
Good selection of wine by the glass which is important to me.
Servers are very friendly. Definitely Cheers like.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

Living in a Midwest college town, we enjoyed this East Coast neighborhood restaurant where the owner knows many regular customers and he and his staff take really good care of them. Very good salmon and grouper and great service. We went back for a second time!

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Directly on Walnut street in Shadyside area of Pittsburgh. Very nice decor inside. Food was outstanding. We had salmon ans short rib entrees. Salmon came with gnocchi which was excellent. Everything's down to the grilled veg. We're very tasty. Highly recommend going.

Reviewed 29 June 2013

We were invited to the Elbow Room for a farewell party of one of my husband's colleagues. I did not like the fact that they had split the party onto two different tables, although we were sitting a little bit separate from the main room, which was o.k. Since everybody was very excited to go there and told us about the great food, we had quite some expectations. Our table had chosen some starters from the menu, which were all good and we liked it but I was very dissapointed with the main course...there was no side dish at all! I had the Grouper, which was very nice but it would have needed some wild rice or so on the side - also, my husbands dish, he had the tuna, would have needed somewhat of a side. the size of the portion was only o.k. Desert overall was quite good on the other had and the portions were quite generous (e.g. the cake). I think this place does not offer you the greatest value for money in this category - I am not sure I would go there again, if I wasn't invited.