“Great time to be had”

Buca di Beppo
Ranked #217 of 2,160 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Carson Street
Transit: Port Authority Bus Service - Carson Stop or Smithfield Street Bridge stop Port Authority Trolley Station Square stop.
pittsburgh
“Great time to be had”
Reviewed 7 January 2012

I like that the entire party can be in a room by themselves. The food is wonderful with plenty to share for the entire table. Be sure to make a reservation as they are very hard to get into without one.

• Turkish first
“Great time, good food”
Reviewed 6 December 2011

We went to this restaurant for my 8 year old's birthday at her request. Had a reservation for 7:30 and did not get seated until 8:30. The manager was very concerned and bought us a round of drinks as we were there with another family. We finally got seated and the restaurant was very loud, which was OK. My daughter and her friend carried on and it was not an issue. We ordered huge family style meals and it was all cooked very well. I like the place, smells like the way I remember my Italian grandmother's kitchen. The food was very good and we all ate too much. The wait staff brought out an enormous ice cream dish for my daughter and sang happy birthday, she was thrilled. The manager then comped us more off the bill for the long wait and all was good. I would reccomend this place.

• Visited December 2011
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A lot of food”
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Buca for lunch is a standard a few times a month. Stuffed shells combine the delicious spicy Italian sausage with spinach and yummy cheese. Gotta love the bread/olive oil. Always treated politely. sometimes service is slow at lunch ... but who really wants to get back to the office quickly anyway?!

• Visited November 2011
WV
“An average Italian restaurant”
Reviewed 23 November 2011

The food was good, nothing spectacular. However you do get plenty of it. Everything is served "family style". All in all - it was a fun experience and the food was good. I would go back.

Visited November 2011
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Food, Fun Atmosphere, Good Service.”
Reviewed 9 November 2011

My wife and I took my son and his girlfriend to Buca di Beppo for his 21st birthday (at his request). It was very busy but we had been there before so we were prepared for the wait. The food was excellent, as usual. They have a large menu with many dishes to choose from. It's all served "Family Style" so the prices seem a little high until they bring the food to the table and you see that each "small" entree will feed at least two people. We ordered three entrees. We were all stuffed and still had a lot of food to take home with us. The waiter was attentive and friendly and it's a cozy, fun atmosphere.

The thing that keeps me from giving them 5 stars is the prices of the appetizers and beverages. While waiting in the bar we ordered two appetizers: a small calamari and a small serving of bruschetta plus two 16 oz. draft beers. Without the tip this came to $34.00! That seemed a bit steep to me: $11 bucks a piece for appetizers and $5.50 each for drafts! I had already spent almost half of what I had planned to spend on dinner and we hadn't even sat down at our table yet!

I would definitely recommend the place for the quality of the food and I would definitely go again. Next time though, I'd skip the appetizers and maybe the beers!

TIP: You can sign up for their emails and get some pretty good coupons. I just didn't happen to have any at the time.

• Visited November 2011