“Great food...great Saki selection...great Sushi”
Review of Original Fish Market - CLOSED

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Tenth Street
Medina, Ohio
“Great food...great Saki selection...great Sushi”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Excellent food, and pretty fair pricing. Wine and saki selections are very good. Our waiter was great (can't recall his name--but he was spot-on with his recommendations.

Visited January 2014

New York
“OFM is "The Best in the West-in"”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Staying in Pittsburgh for the first time this past August, I roamed the streets to see what dining opportunities were available near my hotel. I noticed the gleaming Westin hotel and its adjoining restaurant, Original Fish Market and made a mental note to go the next night. I had surveyed the menu in the pleasant foyer, where the big doors met the sidewalk at a corner. It was a Friday, and I got there early enough to beat any crowds which might otherwise make for a noisy atmosphere and long wait. The interior looks fancy but not overly stuffy in any way. With pleasantly lit dining area, it looked much like a steakhouse. Wood and earth tones, with an overall amber glow to the lighting. I wanted to sit in an area where there would be light for me to read by, and such tables were in plain sight. I was swiftly moved towards the back area by the hostess, who seemed a little off-put when I asked to sit in a booth by the front (where it was away from foot traffic and had the right lighting. I think it was because that area was closed off (perhaps due to wait staff section assignments. I heard another customer upon leaving, chiding this same hostess for other reasons not known to me, and it can be said, this was the ONLY remotely negative thing I can point to). I had an excellent waiter, very much on top of things in spite of having to attend to a large party not far from me. He never made me feel like I was less important. He often checked back with me to see if all was well.

The food completely exceeded my expectations. I noticed they had grilled Swordfish on the menu (not sure if it was in a Teriyaki sauce, as the current menu describes) and did not hesitate to give it a try. The warm breads/rolls served prior to the main course were already a good indication of the excellence to follow. The waiter even described the two kinds of spreads offered. Although the peak dining hours were an hour away, and the restaurant was hardly full, I thought it might be a bit of a wait for the main course, considering the scattered large groups present. My Swordfish came very promptly. I have to say that it was certainly one of the best pieces of fish I ever experienced. It was not overly thick, was glazed with a flavorful sauce (as mentioned, could have been Teriyaki sauce) and served with equally tasty potatoes and Julienne vegetables. This was not a case of just a great piece of fish and "ok" sides. I only drank a diet coke but don't laugh, even that seemed above board - lemon-clad, not flat and in a chilled glass (how many times have you had flat tasteless fountain soda in otherwise lofty restaurants?).

Ok, prices at OFM were not cheap, nor would one expect them to be for this quality but certainly I felt it was reasonable. I actually felt I got more for my money here than I did at a far more expensive Italian restaurant the night before. If I return to Pittsburgh, I would certainly seek out and revisit Original Fish Market.

• Visited August 2013
Minneapolis
“Sushi Sadness”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Went on a Tuesday night for sushi. Ordered the salmon and tuna sushi which came with too much rice and dominated the fish. Also ordered a couple rolls which weren't that great - little flavor and lots of veggies with small portion of fish. Sushi chefs were good but the host, waiter and bartender did not provide good service. Overall sushi was below average, I left unsatisfied and do not feel the need to come back.

“Super Sushi!!!”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I wanted something light to eat & ordered Sushi at the sushi bar. It was made fresh, prices were reasonable & the sushi rolls were cold & very flavorful. I was told in passing they had good Sushi but I would rate it great Sushi. Stop in, sit at the Sushi bar & enjoy!

Honolulu
“Seafood and Steaks”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Went on a Wednesday night and place was not busy. It was four of us each having a different seafood dish. I had the crab cakes, two of them on a bed of Buttermilk Grits. Being a connoisseur
of crab cakes, these were as good as ones I got in Baltimore. Friends had the scallops (lots of them), the crab stuffed rainbow trout (looked interesting), and the Hawaiian Ahi steak. We did not drink, but was still treated well by the wait staff. Will definitely go back there the next trip to Pittsburgh.