“LuLu's - something for everyone, even if you eat here every night”
Review of Lu Lu's Noodles

Lu Lu's Noodles
Ranked #189 of 2,205 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We had a group of 4 -with different tastes and different levels of willingness to experiment. LuLu's is good for favorite dishes (sesame noodles, the seaweed salad - fresh and exquisite, Pad Thai, which my sister said was the best ever and she has eaten a lot of Pad Thai), and lots of opportunities if you want to experiment, say, go Korean. The service is fast and our waiters were always kind and attentive (I think we ate there 3 times in a week!). Great, fast, economical for lunch (counter service) and dinner is a little slower, but service was still very efficient.

One thing that seemed to be a challenge was getting food for all 4 (dishes are brought as they are prepared), so it's a little awkward when you want to dig in but your dinner buddies don't have their food yet. I can work around that. But twice, my dish came to me lukewarm - don't get me wrong, I still wolfed it down like a police dog, but, especially the BiBimBop would have been better served piping hot (I ordered chicken and I got pork - but I actually liked the substitution.

As I mentioned, we went 3 times even though there were lots of options for other dining places. For a fast mean or to please a group, definitely a go to place

Reviewed 3 February 2014

This is by far one of my family's favorite places to go when in the Oakland area of Pittsburgh. It can be a little intimidating as the staff move very quickly!! The food is always good, hot and quick. Don't hesitate to drop in for lunch, just try to know what you want prior to ordering whether it's the order line or table service. The chhese stuffed wontons are amazing!!

Reviewed 20 January 2014

We used to love Lu Lu's, but after the last three times (seriously, we tried to give them a chance), they proved they just do not care anymore. The last time the tofu was spoiled. When I pointed it out to the waiter, he had the cook come out. I had pushed it to the side of the plate. He inspected it, kinda shrugged and said don't eat it. I told him I wasn't and he said OK, good. That was it. No offer to replace it or refund. Just, Don't Eat it.

My advice- Just don't eat it.

1  Thank MigiMigi
Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

My sister and I stop here every once and a while when in the neighborhood and we are never disappointed. My favorite appetizer is the gyoza and main is the spicy basil chicken noodle dish. My sister has tried their tofu several ways and loves it every time! Service is quick and relaxed and we never have to wait for a seat.

1  Thank GallosTravels
Reviewed 29 October 2013

The place had a good selection of rice an noodle dishes, plus bubble teas and smoothies. The service was fast and friendly. It is only a block from the Carnegie Museums and has much better and much less expensive food than the museum cafes do. The location is between to Universities (Pitt & Carnegie Mellon), so you can expect a pretty lively crowd of young and interesting folks. I would recommend this place as family friendly when in Pittsburgh and visting the Carnegie Art and Natural History Museums.

1  Thank JNPnPit