“Best Thai restaurant in Pittsburgh” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Chinese, Cambodian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Thai restaurant in Pittsburgh”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

I have ate here a couple of times and everytime was great. The service was great. The waiting staff gave my friend and I a lot of attention and made sure everything was ok. The food took a decent time to make but it was understandable because the food was GREAT! I ordered the Pad Thai and it was honesty one of the best things I have ever tasted. My friend ordered the chicken panang and I would recommend that to anyone who has never tried asian cuisine. The prices were fair because of how big the dinner portions were. Overall this place and great and I would recommend this to anyone looking to try Thai food.

1 Thank ilovethaifood23

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Thai - and the best of anything ethnic downtown”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

When I think of good Thai restaurants in the Pittsburgh area, it never takes me a long time to get to this place. It's in a great location. The food is always solid. The service is always exceptional. Portions are just right.

The atmosphere is 1970s. They also really squeeze you in there. But it's priced accordingly - this place is a steal when it comes to value. And the takeout is exceptional - for small order if you call 20 minutes ahead you're good to go.

• Visited June 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
“Best Thai in the 'Burgh”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2011

I've been to Lemongrass a few times and each time left feeling full and happy :). I love Thai food and have tried some of the Thai places around Pittsburgh and this is by far my favorite. Great food (especially the chicken panang- I highly recommend getting this!), friendly and attentive service, and everything is priced well. Atmosphere is relaxing and there's a nice outdoor dining area. You need to go!!

• Visited September 2010
2 Thank TakeMeOut2Dinna
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Wait Staff RUDE RUDE RUDE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2010

The bald guy that is the "host" (what a joke) is horribly rude. The first time I ate there, he was very obnoxious to me and my friends who were there to eat lunch. He also dumped water on me and did not even apologize.

I went in to just get a take out since the service is so bad. The same bald guy would not even acknowledge me even though I stood there for 10 minutes, and just walked away from the register and started waiting on tables. I left, went across the street and had Greek food instead. Anyone know a decent Thai place near the North Shore????

Chicago
“A Hidden Gem - Surprisingly Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2009

We chose the restaurant randomly but were with someone who had lived in Cambodia before. We all ordered the same thing--Haw Mook--a minced fish dish with banana leaves that our friend said looked to be the most authentic thing on the menu. The four of us all agreed that it was amazing, and our friend said it was exactly like he'd tasted during his travels. We eat southeast Asian food all the time and I'd never quite tasted anything like it. Can't speak to other items on the menu, but the papaya salad with shrimp was solid as were the spring rolls. Recommended.

• 3 of 5 bubbles