“Perfect spot for a pre-theater dinner”
Review of Lemon Grass Cafe - CLOSED

Cuisines: Cambodian, Chinese
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Pittsburgh
“Perfect spot for a pre-theater dinner”
Reviewed 31 December 2011

We love eating at the Lemon Grass Cafe prior to evening shows in the Cultural District. It's right across the street from the Byham and within a couple of blocks of Heinz Theater, Benedum Center, and Pittsburgh Public Theater. Service is very quick at dinnertime. When we were there last week, we were in and out in 35 minutes. The waitress was efficient and friendly. My wife had her usual Yellow Crepes, which are filled with yummy vegetables, choice of meat, and special sauce. I had the Panang tofu, which was delicious. We miss the Andes mints they used to give at the end of meals. They now give boring fortune cookies. One caveat: the last time we were there, the men's bathroom was disgustingly smelly with urine - worse than some of this country's subway stations I've been to. Despite this, we'll be back the next time we go to a show.

• Visited December 2011

Waikoloa, Hawaii, USA
“Mmmm Thai”
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Reminds when i was in Thailand and Cambodia
lots of selections on the menu
good soups

• Visited November 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Service was lacking”
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Food was ok, hard to go wrong with green curry. Waitress was unfriendly and inattentive, and the food was a little slow getting to the table. I haven't been back sense though some colleagues tend to go back.

• Visited November 2010
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Thai restaurant in Pittsburgh”
Reviewed 23 August 2011

I have ate here a couple of times and everytime was great. The service was great. The waiting staff gave my friend and I a lot of attention and made sure everything was ok. The food took a decent time to make but it was understandable because the food was GREAT! I ordered the Pad Thai and it was honesty one of the best things I have ever tasted. My friend ordered the chicken panang and I would recommend that to anyone who has never tried asian cuisine. The prices were fair because of how big the dinner portions were. Overall this place and great and I would recommend this to anyone looking to try Thai food.

1 Thank ilovethaifood23
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Thai - and the best of anything ethnic downtown”
Reviewed 21 July 2011

When I think of good Thai restaurants in the Pittsburgh area, it never takes me a long time to get to this place. It's in a great location. The food is always solid. The service is always exceptional. Portions are just right.

The atmosphere is 1970s. They also really squeeze you in there. But it's priced accordingly - this place is a steal when it comes to value. And the takeout is exceptional - for small order if you call 20 minutes ahead you're good to go.

• Visited June 2011