“monte cello's”

Monte Cello's
Ranked #432 of 2,195 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed 21 September 2013

There were four of us and each of us had salad and we all agreed that they were fantastic. They were very large with quality products and good value for the money.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Saw on their sign they had all-u-can-eat crab legs on Mondays and had been having a taste for them. So while I ordered the crab legs (also comes with home-made soup or sald), my husband ordered a sausage casserole. He loved the sausage casserole and the crab legs.... there were so many on the plate!! There had to be at least 10 sets of legs. I had no room for a re-order on that trip. A few weeks later we went back again. I ordered the crab legs and husband ordered a 'Joe's Special' pizza - thick crust, extra cheese. Again we were not disappointed. This time the 1st order of crab legs was not huge and I asked for a re-order. Now MOST places, the re-order comes in a smaller portion. Not here!! I think I got about 8 sets of legs on the re-order (had about 4 on the initial order). Both visits we had excellent waitresses that kept the ice tea glasses full and were very friendly, even while being very busy.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

I have to preface this by saying that we have eaten at this location (Babcock Blvd) and many other locations several times in the past with no complaints, but this past trip was not very good. I ordered the chicken parm hoagie and the chicken was inedible. I ended up taking all of the chicken off the bun and just ate the bun with some sauce. There were also many, many flies all through the restaurant and in the bathroom. Not sure why, but it needs to be addressed.

Reviewed 4 May 2013

This was third time in this restaurant for this out-of-owner visiting family. Ever time we have been a group of 8-10. Fantastic, quick and friendly service. Hostesses and wait staff happy to accommodate large groups. The small antipasto salad could have fed three people. The wings came in several varieties -- we lived those with the dry rub. Pizza is THE best!
Oh, did I mention the cannoli? ;-)

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Once again another great meal at Monte Cello's. We went for my God Sons baptism dinner and had a rather large crowd. The service was great and the food as always good. Everyone was happy with their meal. I ordered the eggplant parm. with WW pasta and it was really good and a large portion. My fiance ordered the meatball casserole and loved it as well! We of course will return!