“Great little restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Make sure you check out Pallazzo's when your in town. We love eating there when we're in Pittsburg. Not too far of a walk from PNC park. Love the bridges in Pittsburg.

1  Thank Scott-Kim L

Reviewed 4 April 2012

I had a chance to visit Palazzo for lunch and dinner during my recent Pittsburgh trip. This restaurant is conveniently located in the city's Cultural District, which stretches a few blocks along Penn Avenue downtown, so it is a short walk to such venues as Heinz Hall and Benedum Center. The walls are accented with theater posters and regional photos. The service was good.

The food was so-so; I get the impression that the place has not updated its recipes since the 1960s. All in all, when I visit Pittsburgh I will go back to Palazzo for the old style Italian atmosphere and the convenient location. In terms of food, though, there may be better Pittsburgh choices.

Reviewed 29 March 2012

from a fellow met at the hotel across the street, I have now dined at Palazzo on three separate visits to Pittsburgh. Each time ate at the bar, each time had good service, enjoyed the company and had fine Italian fare. Too bad each visit cannot be planned so I can enjoy a cannoli for dessert.

1  Thank Russ K
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I work nearby and had lunch there. While a bit pricey for an every day lunch, it's worth the treat now and then. It's also a great place for a business lunch. I had grilled salmon with a different salad than on the menu and the waiter was more than accomodating. The salmon was a generous portion, cooked perfectly. Service was great!

1  Thank meeshatoo
Reviewed 19 March 2012

My two teen daughters and I chose this restaurant based on very positive reviews on Urban Spoon and Trip Advisor. Expecting good things, we overlooked the hard, cold (as if from the refrigerator) bread and the tasteless, watery fried calamari. The ceasar salads were fairly good, but the croutons were soggy and chewy. Still optimistic, we welcomed our entrees. Each of us was trying to be polite, but eventually we all admitted that the food simply was not good. I tried to eat my linguini fra diavolo, but the sauce was like a cheesy tomato sauce from a can and the shrimp tasted like they were freezer burned. My older daughter had farfalle with mushrooms, which she said tasted odd, and my younger daughter had spaghetti and meatballs, a typical favorite for her, but she also could not eat the meal. We each ate less than 1/3 of our dinners, despite being quite hungry. The service was very good, however. The waitress noted we were't happy with the food and brought a complimentary dessert. Still,this clearly was the worst $100 dinner I've ever had...