“A can't miss place”

Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
“A can't miss place”
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I was looking for a nice italian place to eat prior to the PIttsburg half marathon. The hotel suggested this place. I was worried since it was so close to the baseball stadium and there was a game that night what type of wait and service I might get. I called and was able to get reservation. The food was awesome especially the fried zuchini appetizer. It was so large I couldn't finish it all and took some back to the hotel and it was good cold the next day. The entree was equally good. The service was prompt and kept coming back to make sure I didn't need anything else. And the price was moderate so for value I got a lot for the money i paid.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Howrenrob

Danville, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great little restaurant”
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Make sure you check out Pallazzo's when your in town. We love eating there when we're in Pittsburg. Not too far of a walk from PNC park. Love the bridges in Pittsburg.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank Scott-Kim L
New York City, New York
“Pleasant ambience, serviceable food”
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I had a chance to visit Palazzo for lunch and dinner during my recent Pittsburgh trip. This restaurant is conveniently located in the city's Cultural District, which stretches a few blocks along Penn Avenue downtown, so it is a short walk to such venues as Heinz Hall and Benedum Center. The walls are accented with theater posters and regional photos. The service was good.

The food was so-so; I get the impression that the place has not updated its recipes since the 1960s. All in all, when I visit Pittsburgh I will go back to Palazzo for the old style Italian atmosphere and the convenient location. In terms of food, though, there may be better Pittsburgh choices.

• Visited April 2012
Houston, Texas
“Following a recommendation”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

from a fellow met at the hotel across the street, I have now dined at Palazzo on three separate visits to Pittsburgh. Each time ate at the bar, each time had good service, enjoyed the company and had fine Italian fare. Too bad each visit cannot be planned so I can enjoy a cannoli for dessert.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Russ K
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Italian restaurant in the Cultural District”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I work nearby and had lunch there. While a bit pricey for an every day lunch, it's worth the treat now and then. It's also a great place for a business lunch. I had grilled salmon with a different salad than on the menu and the waiter was more than accomodating. The salmon was a generous portion, cooked perfectly. Service was great!

Visited March 2012