“Inexpensive and satisfying”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Bloomfield
Reviewed 6 January 2013

4 of us went and could hardly finish our dinners for $10 a head. If you find yourself here on a weekday after 9 you can get a second entree half off. They did rush us out before closing and the Nan was on the crispy side. I ordered Lamb Rogan Josh, delightful. No charge for BYOB.

Reviewed 21 December 2012

Since my first review, I have been a regular to this place (1-2 times a week). I can say that food is consistently good. Never had a bad experience with food or service. Came back to give it an excellent rating!

Reviewed 8 May 2012

The place has no ambiance of any sort and service is average but in terms of quality of food this is one of the best Indian restaurants for North Indian cuisine (take this from an Indian). The lunch buffet is excellent and very cheap. They do a good job when you order from the menu as well. This definitely one of the best Indian restaurants I have been to in a while!

2  Thank Monkey-in-town
Reviewed 2 November 2011

My husband and I caught the lunch special here. They offered a good variety of hot dishes, appetizers, desserts and salad. They also had chai tea available. We were very pleased for the price we paid. We'll be back!

2  Thank travelingtmans
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Lunch Buffet is like $7.49. Seriously? I doubted it would be any good when we went, but I was pretty happy. My wife even liked it and she's never happy with buffet food. We caught the tail end of lunch, and they made fresh naan for us because they were out in the pan.

They had probably 6-10 hot items, curries, tikka masala, aloo gobi, tandoori chicken and some others, with rice, a small salad bar with several deserts and Chai tea, which was actually pretty good.

I would certainly go here again, and just typing this now makes me wish I was there right now.

Very cheap date night if you're married. It's out on Penn in like the 5000 block. Neighborhood isn't a romantic date setting, nor is the building, but it was good enough when all I have to impress is my wife, and when you're starving grad students, it's pretty easy to do at this place.

Do not expect a AAA 5 diamond restaurant. Expect decent food and a great price.

2  Thank SmokeyBearVII