“Excellent Service & Nachos!”
Review of Mad Mex

Mad Mex
Ranked #242 of 2,195 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Coraopolis
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I was in town for an interview from Chicago and saw this place on the way home. i stopped in and loved i! Nachos were a huge place of chips, black beans, jalapenos, sour cream. huge chucks of steak, melted cheese- not cheese sauce and amazing pico type salsa and A LOT of it! The nachos were at least 6 inches tall. Very fresh and excellent. I had the gauc on the side...and it was very good! One of the better ones i have had. I also tried their Chipotle salsa and the Pineapple Habanero salsa. Both were excellent! My server was Claire...very attentive and knowledgeable. The manager waled around and checked on his customers. The hostesses were very friendly and knowledgeable, too. Prices were reasonable...for the nachos, there were very cheap and I added the steak for less than $1.90 and there were at least 5 oz. of steak. If I end up living in Pittsburgh, I will be back! Thank you!

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Note to self; Don't order Chicken Enchiladas with Mole in Pittsburg. They had no clue on what real Mole is like. I'm not sure what it was, but it was NOT Mole. I politely explained to the manager that it was not was I was expecting. I was too nice and told him it was edible. It was NOT!

The service was nice, the black bean dip was great, must find that recipe, but after tonight I doubt if I'll be back to try anything else.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Great food ,good service!
Very accommodating to dietary restrictions.
Convenient location,good parking

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We are regular patrons of the Mad Mex in Robinson. After many years we don't remember of having a bad meal or visit at this location. The food is always fresh and tasty, servers and managers are friendly and helpful.
Most recently we dined there on New Years Eve. They were having one their holiday specials. As usual a great deal, 2 complete dinners with a appetizer, desert and 2 special drinks. Even though we didn't hang out until midnight it looks like it was going to be a good place to be.
If you are in the area and want some good wings, cold beer,or a tasty dinner stop in- I don't think you will be disappointed.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

This place is just as good as the original Mad Mex in Oakland. Due to the larger size, they often host beer tastings and other fun events. Can't beat their half price happy hour special, and they have a great beer selection.