“Sushi novice to sushi lover”
Review of Sushi Tomo

Sushi Tomo
Ranked #452 of 2,160 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Nyack, New York
“Sushi novice to sushi lover”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

My sister was reluctant to try "raw fish" but everything we ordered was so fresh and delicious that she is now a fan. My only complaint was that the veggies were not as crisp as they should have been, didn't have that great snap.

Visited July 2014

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Good fresh sushi!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Recently got a lunch take-out. Food was ready, fresh and plentiful. I definitely recommend it for lunch.

• Visited April 2014
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Best sushi in the Burgh!”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Sushi Tomo has the best sushi in the Burgh. The Volcano Roll and the Geisha Roll are amazing. Always fresh and always good quality. Highly recommend!

• Visited May 2013
Mars, Pennsylvania
“Wow! What a disappointment”
Reviewed 25 November 2012 via mobile

Sushi tomo was once the place to go for the best sushi in the north hills but they have fallen.

It's been a few years since I've been there so I decided it would be a nice place to take my wife for our anniversary.

We ordered traditional sushi and edamame. The same father and son still runs it but I did not recognize the sushi chef. The resturant was empty when we arrived Black Friday afternoon. The son waited on us. The sushi rice was a but wet, heavy and cold but over all not worth the $36. We substituted a rainbow roll for a California roll and were charged an additional $7. The son who waited on us forgot our edamame and after waiting a while, I left our table to find him sleeping at a table in another part of the resturant. For an anniversary dinner it was terrible and the service was ridiculous for roughly $50. I will never go there again.

4 Thank Foodcritic11_11_11
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“good food”
Reviewed 10 November 2012

we eat here regularly. Always a good dinner. Decor is old but never had a problem with the food or service.

• Visited November 2012