“Billy's is one of our first choices.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Waitstaff
Baden, Pennsylvania
“Billy's is one of our first choices.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

My wife and I have had dinner at Bily's Bistro at least six times a year for over 20 years. It is always our first choice for anniversary or birthday dinner out. The Walnut Chicken is superb! The Angus Steak is great! We find that the service is as good as the food with the exception of one or two of the waitresses, the waitresses provide timely, polite, and friendly service. I should also mention that the sauce on the pasta side , the bread rolls, and the salad have always met my expectations. There is a lower price section on the menu that I took advantage of on only one occasion. It was excellent. Some salad dressings are made there- raspberry vinaigrette - yum.

• Visited May 2014

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“a good place to get sick”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

The food here can be tasty sometimes but I have gotten sick the last two times I've had a meal here. Both times I think the culprit was stuff made with ground meat. The burger had a strange sour smell. So I don't go there and never recomend it to anyone.It did have good food years ago.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Twofatladiespghpa
pittsburgh
“Terrible Bartender”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013

After a night of volunteering a local event, our group of eight people went to Billy's between 10:30 and 11:00 p.m. The bar area was empty except for the bartender and a waitress sitting at the bar. We asked if the kitchen was open and was told it was closed. We decided to go in anyway and have a drink to "re-group" and decide where to go and eat. The bartender, a blond woman with a raspy voice, started taking drink orders and asked if it was all on one tab. Before we could discuss it, she said she was going to continue to ring it up all together. At about the same time, a thin man came out of the kitchen area and said he could probably either make pizza or we could order it in. In a too loud voice she told him no and that it was against some sort of ordinance and not to do it (more words were spoken between the two). She was really nasty to him. One of the women in our group then went to get some popcorn. She was told to make sure that we didn't get any on the floor because it had already been swept. It was a really unpleasant experience and I hope that the owner will see this review and take care of the problem bartender. We were all prepared to spend money there and given the fact that there was not a single person in the bar...maybe they could of used the customers.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Ambridge
“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013

My husband and I dined here on a Sunday. We were quite surprised with how good the food was and the presentation was beautiful. The only draw back to this restaurant is parking, but being a native Pittsburgher, that didn't deter us! We both had chicken...he had walnut crusted and I had lemon rosemary...it was good even leftover!!! The service was good and the restaurant was clean. There were not a lot of people, but then it was around 4:30 on a Sunday. We plan to go back.

• Visited March 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Another place during D&L travels”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013

Food was good bar food. Price great except for the sides and the desert. I purchased onion rings for my side got very little for the cost. Wife had meatball hoagie which she really liked. Aunt and mother (seniors) got the beer batter fish both also really liked it. They ordered peacon pie for dessert which ended up being $3.50 a slice. The waitress Renee was very attentive. We will go back but we also will watch the sides.

• Visited February 2013