“Might as well have a drive thru...”
Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
Ranked #727 of 2,159 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
pittsburgh, pa
“Might as well have a drive thru...”
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I have to start by saying when I was kid, if you went to Red Lobster it was a treat!!! It was someones special event, and we saved up to go there.
In the last several years it has gone down big time, which confuses me because its not like they have much in the way of competition and have been in the business long enough to know the ins and outs.
I have went to this particular Red Lobster about 3 times in the last 3 years...each time hoping that I am going to have a different experience. And again, this last visit was just as bad as the rest.

I went with a small group of family, some of which came from out of town....it wasnt my choice of places, but I yielded to the others. The place was PACKED on a Saturday evening (another thing I dont quite understand - its not like they struggle with revenue)
We all ordered different things, and no one finished their entire plate. Not because they were full, but because it just wasnt that great.
Now, mind you.....the quality to me is a HAIR over Long John Silvers....but the prices they ask are ridiculous!!!
I knew that I couldnt try anything new, and had to stick to the basics, so I ordered a Strip Steak, which I believe was 12 oz. I have had better steak at home. It had no taste at all, I had to dump salt and pepper on it, and there was a lot of hard fat around the outside. The mashed potatoes were cold.
My brother ordered lobster bisque soup, which came out orange...and he said it tasted like Pumpkin pie. He didnt finish it either.
My wife had coconut shrimp, and didnt finish them, they were dripping with grease

Shame on me for yielding, but I tell you what they wont get a dime from me again in the future thats for sure!
Sad

• Visited October 2012
5 Thank Joe B

• Czech first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“just as disappointing the second time”
Reviewed 6 October 2012

I always give a restaurant two chances to impress me. Unfortunately, the Red Lobster is just as bad the second time. I ordered a mojito which was a glass of syrup. I ordered salmon with a butter garlic sauce, the sauce was so disgusting, it certainly wasn't butter. I think they smother the fish so you can't see how awful it is. My husband had the Admiral Feast which was just a pile of fried tasteless food. Both of our baked potatoes were swimming in sour cream. We couldn't find one edible item on our plates. The waitress took no interest in the fact that we couldn't eat what she served us. Lousy service and really lousy food. I would NEVER go there again.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank jdv
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Consistent”
Reviewed 29 September 2012

So, this is no amazing seafood restaurant, but for being a chain we enjoy going here. We use coupons when we go. We love the biscuits. The service and the food seem consistent every time we go.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Travelwish13
Renfrewshire
“Astonishing value”
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Great choice, great food at a very reasonable price!

Visited June 2012
1 Thank renfrewshire_boy
Pittsburgh
“Good seafood”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Just took my granddaughter to Red Lobster for her birthday. The food was excellant and the service was rally good.

• Visited May 2012