“Something different for a change!”
Review of Texas de Brazil

Texas de Brazil
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 2,290 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Texas de Brazil is no ordinary steakhouse. It’s a dining experience like no other. Here, traditions of Brazilian cooking blend with Texas hospitality to create a lively atmosphere in an upscale setting. Your meal begins with a visit to our extravagant salad area where you can indulge in a wide array of seasonal roasted vegetables, fresh artisan breads, charcuterie, imported cheeses and other specialties. Then enjoy the rodizio-style dining that has made us famous. An endless parade of gaucho servers visits your table with skewers of freshly grilled beef, lamb, pork, chicken and Brazilian sausage carved directly onto your plate. It’s all served with authentic side dishes of garlic mashed potatoes, Brazilian cheese bread and sweet fried bananas. To complement your meal, select from our award-winning collection of wines or traditional Brazilian bar creations. And don’t forget to treat yourself to one of our decadent à la carte desserts.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Not like a regular restaurant! Once seated, our waitress took drink orders, and directed us to the salad bar.Everything one could imagine was displayed! If you are not into salads, take your plate to the table and wait for the wandering "gauchos" to stroll by with an enormous variety of sizzling meats on skewers. The aroma of the food fills the entire restaurant! TIP: come VERY HUNGRY! The servers are none stop, and the variety is never ending. The manager is extremely cordial and will answer all questions. TRY THIS PLACE, you can't go wrong

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The good news is that the food is excellent and the service is very good;however, if you drink soft drinks, you get one very small bottle and no refills (which I think is rather inhospitable when there is so much food being served.... we drank water but, missed the usual refills most restaurants offer). Also, desserts are billed separately. If you are waiting for a particular cut or kind of meat, it may take a bit of time to get the server to one's table (we had problems getting roast lamb and cutlets to our table). The biggest issue, however, was our incorrect bill. When ready to leave, my husband looked at the bill and thought it was rather high, but we had "meat overload" and didn't look carefully at the charges. My daughter, however, took the bill and saw numerous mistakes. . . We were charged too much! Over $100.00 (approximately $120.00)... so, my advice, CHECK YOUR BILL!!!!! We were a party of 8 (with several young children) and there were also many people in the restaurant, however, it's still the responsibility of the restaurant to give guests an accurate and honest tally of charges.

TexasdeBrazilSocial, Public Relations Manager at Texas de Brazil, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello, thank you for alerting us of the issue with our final bill. We will be looking into this with our management team and staff to ensure we are following proper procedures to prevent this from happening again. Thank you for dining with us.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

This was the first time going here and it was for my daughters 22nd birthday. I bought some gift cards prior to going. My wife is a nurse and this location gives nurses a discount. When we went to pay our bill we were told that we could not get her nurse discount and use gift cards. Why? I paid for the gift cards - and my wife is a nurse with a valid employee ID!!! When I asked what the reason was, they responded, "you just can't". This was only one issue - the steaks were tough and the service lacking. My wife and I had several pieces of meat that we could not even chew. They simply did not live up to what was expected paying $40 per person

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

My daughter took me out for an early Mother's Day lunch to Texas de Brazil and I loved it as soon as I hit the door. The food was fabulous and our server Rich was the best! My son has a birthday coming up in a few weeks and I told him TDB is where we are going!

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

I ate here because it was close to my hotel while I was on a business trip. After that I’d definitely stop at any Texas de Brazil on my next trips.

The service was very good and the rotisserie meats just kept coming. It was probably the best leg of lamb I’ve ever had. Every food item I tried was a quality product and worth going back for. Dinner was $48 USD + tip.

Been to Texas de Brazil? Share your experiences!