“Good, but too expensive!”
Review of Korea Garden

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Korea Garden
Ranked #1,356 of 2,429 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed 19 April 2017

My family and I have been here twice now. There's a real lack of Korean restaurants in Pittsburgh, so I guess in some ways, we just have to take what we can get. :-/ The food is definitely good (WAY better than Sushi Kim, which is borderline not even Korean food). We've enjoyed everything we've ordered at Korea Garden, but I just can't get over the prices. I definitely can't afford to take my family of 5 here often, and there are certain items on the menu that I've forbidden my kids from ordering because the price tag is just ridiculous.

Date of visit: April 2017

Reviewed 23 January 2017

It's a good thing to even have a restaurant offering Korean cuisine in a town where beer, burgers, and sausage are staples. The restaurant is situated at the end of a dingy street, near a university but the place is brightly lit and clean. Service is very good. The restroom doors open onto the main dining area and a screen would be a good idea. The food is alright, but the prices seem to be somewhat high for the quality of the experience.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

My husband got the bibimbop and was surprised to find it had ground beef in it instead of bulgogi. We got the spicy rice cake appetizer that was not too spicy, but my husband found it average. My son devoured the seafood pancake though it is big enough to share. I had one piece and found it pleasantly crispy on the outside. We were disappointed to see only two sides - one of kimchi and one of radish. There needs to be a lunch menu. We chose not to spend $25-30 a plate in bulgogi or kalbi. Service was fine though there were only 3 tables in use at the time. I would come here more often if I could afford it.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 19 May 2016

I have been living in Pittsburgh for about 2 years and I usually eat Galbi, Kimchi soup, and soft-tofu soup. They are tasty, but couldn't be compared to the restaurants in California or in Asia.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 11 November 2015

I love Korean food. And right in the heart of South Oakland we have the Korea Garden whose menu range, flavors, and dishes far exceed what one would expect! The Jam Bon (Cham Pong) is excellent in all of its versions, the meat dishes and appetizers keep you coming back for more, and all of this in an atmosphere of Koreans and non-Koreans alike! Excellent! Parking is a downside.

Date of visit: September 2015