“Saag Paneer to die for”

Cuisines: Indian
Sacramento, California
“Saag Paneer to die for”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I've eaten at many Indian restaurants, but this has the best food ever. Indian Spice is a hole-in-the-wall, so don't expect great ambiance. The place was clean, just a bit incongruous in decor. Service, however, turned out to be more than expected. When my friend tried the sweet 'n' salty lassi, she was too polite to say she didn't like it. The waiter made an astute observation and took the initiative to offer a replacement drink.

The lamb (Curry) was so tender, as was the chicken (Karai) and the Saag Paneer (spinach & cheese) was like nothing I ever tasted in my life. I loved the crispy thin naan too. Medium spice was the perfect heat level for us. The only thing missing was Indian beer, in fact, any beer, as this was a 'dry' establishment. If food is your top priority and you have a hankering for Indian, this is a MUST-NOT-MISS!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank ysman

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great food”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Authentic north Indian food. Very convenient location. Service was great and fast. My wife and kids tried the milder foods while I asked for medium spicy. Yet when I broke a sweat the server - Sunita promptly brought a fan out for me. Nice people.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Jay201146
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Don't go here before a show!!”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We arrived at 5:30 pm, plenty of time for dinner before a 7 pm show a block away. The restaurant was moderately crowded, but there were open tables and we were seated quickly. It took a few minutes for our order to be taken, but then it was OVER AN HOUR before our food came out! We watched several parties get up and leave because it was taking so long. At no point did anyone come to explain or apologize. The food was good, but not good enough to have taken an hour to prepare.

• Visited April 2013
New Mexico
“Large Portions, Good Value”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We were very happy with our dinner at Indian Spices. The meat & non meat menu is quite extensive and the portions are large. The vegetarian selection was absolutely wonderful and varied. After some suggestions from the server, I ordered the Malai Kofta Chef Specialty ($9.00): "Potato balls stuffed with paneer, vegetables & homemade cheese in light cream sauce with nuts & raisins." I highly recommend it! The five of us shared all of our dishes and had quite a bit left over to take home. There wasn't one dish we didn't thoroughly enjoy! The kids especially liked the Mango Lassi.

• Visited May 2013