“Amazing sandwich/Friendly service”

Gaucho Parrilla Argentina
Ranked #5 of 2,159 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Celina, Texas
“Amazing sandwich/Friendly service”
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

What a great restaurant! There isn't much room to sit, but it has great atmosphere. Had a skirt steak sandwich. The pepper blend was phenomenal, the steak was juicy, the bread held everything together perfectly. Also had the pappas and chorizo. I can't wait to go back to Pittsburgh just to eat at this place. If we had something like this in Texas, these guys would make a fortune!

Rochester, New York
“Yummy for the Tummy!!”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Located at the very end of the Strip District, this little hole in the wall place has some of the best steak we've ever tried. Please note, that there is very little seating available - just four or five stools inside and a few outdoor tables.

That being said, the food is so amazing! We decided on the Asado Plate which was a sampling of all 5 cuts of beef, the empandas, and the grilled shrimp. We also had the Provoletta - aged provolone cheese, spices, oil, on grilled bread. I honestly can't tell you which dish was the best - all were outstanding. We took home more than half of this and the food was as good warmed up the next day.

And the staff is wonderful! They were all very friendly and explained all the different sauces they had available. They took their time with us and helped us to order exactly what we wanted.

Be sure to give this little restaurant a try!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Suslew
“Excellent Food & Service- A Must Try!”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We were passing through Pittsburgh and decided to try Gaucho based on some other reviews on tripadvisor. Very glad we did!! The food was excellent. I recommend the parillada mixto to try a variety of items. The strip steak is tender and flavorful. The sauces are amazing. And save room for dessert. The panqueques are delicious and not overly sweet. I must admit that I wasn't a big fan of the provoletta as it was a bit too salty for my taste.

The service was top notch. The owner was very friendly and seems to enjoy his job. He took the time to explain the menu to us and even gave us some shrimp on the house (who does that these days?).

I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good ....”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

It would be hard for me to imagine how a steak restaurant could be better than the experience I had here yesterday evening celebrating my birthday with family.

• Visited August 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Food but what will they do in the winter?”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

This place is amazing. The food is absolutely amazing...close to Argentine-authentic...but amazing. The place operates out of a small store-front. You place your order then wait for take out or go outside to find a seat at one of 6 outdoor tables. The food is brought to you by staff.
And the food is outstanding if you are a carnivore. If you are any flavor of vegan you will want to stay several blocks away because Gaucho is all about the meat. While all the dishes are named after their Argentine counterparts, all the meat actually comes from vendors in the Strip.
Since the place is new they haven't been open for a Pittsburgh winter. It will be interesting to see how they handle a typical February. But if I have to bundle up to enjoy a Steak Burger or Carne, I will. Oh yes I will.

• Visited July 2013