“If you see the lines of locals waiting for food, you must be at Gauchos.”

Gaucho Parrilla Argentina
Ranked #5 of 2,195 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Good selection of Argentinan food at reasonable prices. You can choose from appetizers, sandwiches or full meals in both small and large portions. Don't worry if you do not know anything about the food as the servers are quite knowledgeable and ready to help with your selection. The only drawback would be the seating area. Only a few stand up tables against the wall and just a few tables outside however, the food quality makes up for the lack of space.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The establishment was well reviewed by many people, and we were anticipating a wonderful lunch. We were very happy in discovering that the line was short and it did not take long to get served. It was all down hill after that. We expected very limited seating and dining space which was ok. But the girl that took our order was about the rudest I have ever had to deal with.

She tried to run the parties credit card that was ahead of us in line several times before realilizing that they did not accept American Express . When we got in line I ordered or , tried to order our lunch. The place was like hearding cattle ,space wise, there were no menus just a black bord positioned behind and to the right of you, blocked out by several people who we're eating at the counter directly in front of of the chalk board.

I studied the menu and started to rattle off my order, after the second entree the sever told me she could not understand me and I started over in a slow direct voice to which she replied "You do not have to yell at me you are just speaking too fast" she said it in a tone that was far from what is called for in that situation. She then turned around a rattled off our order to the back of the house at breakneck speed,and I was about too say "too fast" as she had to me.

The food was finally delivered and looked very appetizing . I asked the server where the knives and forks were to which he replied in a smug voice"Right behind you ,like I was supposed the just know that"

My steak was so full of salt it tasted like a swhole shaker was applied. The only entree that was any good was the steak burger. Try to cut a crusty piece of baguette covered with cheese with a plastic fork! The tab was $52.00 for three people. The service was terrible, the food was average ,they cater more towered the trendy college crowd. Would not recommend to anyone over forty unless you like arrorgence and rudeness .

3  Thank Michael J
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We were in Pittsburgh for the jazz festival and enjoyed great food all over the Strip District, but the wonderful steak sandwiches we had at Gaucho were amazing. You can smell the wood smoke outside when you walk up. The grilled meats create an intoxicating aroma that grabs you by the nose. Very small place, but if you're in the area and miss Gaucho, you will be missing out on something exceptional.

Highly recommended!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Not much room for seating, so you may want to order to go.
We had the sandwiches, grilled meats, corn & veggies.
All were delicious. The chorizos were good- the spicy was much more flavorful than the garlic. I love the kielbasi at S&D Polish Deli further down the road.
We would definitely return to eat here again.

1  Thank ServiceRater_11
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Pluses:
- excellent food!, meats were perfectly cooked, great side sauces and spices on the food, grilled corn, potatoes, everything was amazing. Next time I would order all five meats, and probably try and eat the rest of the menu.
- Affordable -$27 for our meal and we were extremely happy and satisfied (and we're big eaters, so quantity was not lacking)
- People who worked there were really nice and cares about your experience and how you liked everything
- byob- keeps the price lower and you can drink what you want. They'll give you glasses and open your wine
- cool outside sitting area
- did I mention the food was incredible?

Minuses:
- limited seating
- can have long lines
- byob awesome, but not a lot of nearby options (we went to Roland's, a microbrewery, and got 16 oz beers in jars)