“Awesome Place”

All India Restaurant
Ranked #763 of 2,209 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We very much enjoyed our visit to All India. The restaurant is decorated beautifully and very well kept. Our server, whose name is Ten, was attentive, helpful, and friendly. We ordered both South and North dishes and especially enjoyed the absolutely perfectly crafted and cooked Uthapam with sambar and two varieties of chutney. The seasoning profile of our meals was delicate, nicely balanced with richer elements and spices prepared to our preferences, and dinner presentation was wonderful. We also appreciated that the food was neither oily or over salted. We could certainly tell attention is paid to every detail here. If our stay in Pittsburgh allowed for more time we definitely would have returned to try their many offerings from the buffet as well as ordered more delicious South Indian items such as Dosa and idli Vada. Prices are very fair for the portions, high quality, and experience. We would definitely return and highly recommend!

1  Thank SeeingWhatsNext

Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

I stopped in at All India for dinner and a break from driving. It is definitely worth the effort to seek out from any of the highways around Pittsburgh. The food is a great mix of South, North, and Indo-Chinese cuisines. Great flavors, one of my favorites is the Egg Dosa for a mild choice or the spicy Andhra Masala Dosa. The food was a bit oily but is All India is definitely on the repeat visit list and I would recommend it to friends. The picture I posted was just after five so people were just starting to come in. Indians usually eat late...

1  Thank N40189
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I echo the sentiments of the August 2013 reviewers that provided high marks to the extraordinary All India. I, too, have been dining here since the establishment opened in March 2013, my wife and I having enjoyed several dozen meals. We have never been disappointed with any facet of our meals. The selection and quality of the $9 lunch and $10 dinner buffets is superb; the regular menu is excellent, extensive, and reasonably priced. The atmosphere is attractive and comfortable. The gracious hosts, owners Didar Singh and his wife, Manjit, could not be more gracious, warm, and welcoming. Their commitment to excellence is evident in every facet of the restaurant, and they do whatever is necessary to keep the dining room operating smoothly and the customer provided the finest service. It is no wonder that All India has become popular with a wide variety of customers. I have dined at dozens of Indian restaurants both in this region and in other areas of the country over a period of many years. All India is the very best, well worth the forty-minute drive from our home!

1  Thank ospiegler
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I have been here so many time and never tired of this place. Food is really really good...Great Ambience..looks very higenic..Staff is very proffesional..

1  Thank Autoillusion
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Have been going to All India since they opened in March 2013. The food is amazing, they have a huge selection for vegan, vegetarian, gluten free and all the omnivores out there. They offer a daily lunch buffet that goes forever, at least 30+ feet of everything from appetizers, salads main courses and desserts. Evening buffets are every Thursday and Sunday. HAve I mentioned the food is delicious? Have a special dietary question, as for Didar. He can tell you what you want to know and will go out of his way to make the selections meet your special needs.
Their staff is quite attentive without pestering you. The ambiance is perfect. The prices are more than affordable, yet this is a beautifully decorated establishment.
Treat yourself or yourself and friends/family soon. You will be back for more!

1  Thank ngrundman